Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there a costume, or character, that you dressed up as kid that you did multiple years?

I always, for the most part, dressed up as a witch. Fitting for my name haha!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
I think I did Dracula twice and Frankenstein twice, years apart. The first time each was basically mom dressing me up. The second time, I added my own spin on things (the judgement of a 9 year old is not to be trusted).

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I want to be a vampire this year. I haven't dressed up in years. But, I do HAVE to go to class that night :-(

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, as a child of the 70's ...I was the the drummer from KISS ( Peter Criss) for about 3 years straight. :) I loved his cat makeup! All of us girls thought he was the "sensitive one" . hahaha:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, as a child of the 70's ...I was the the drummer from KISS ( Peter Criss) for about 3 years straight. :) I loved his cat makeup! All of us girls thought he was the "sensitive one" . hahaha:D
any pictures by chance?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ooh yeah. I'lll dig them up. About 10 years ago, me , my husband and 2 other friends were KISS for Halloween. It was our chance to make the costumes we couldn't have as kids. Super deluxe ones. That was a blast! I was...you guessed it...Peter Criss. We won the contest too. I'll try and find those pictures too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I was a teenager, my cousin and I dressed up as "The Old Man" and "His Spirit" in Salem, MA for 3-years in a row. We were there with my parents for "Haunted Happenings" during late October and everywhere we went we were stopped for pictures. We felt so famous that we had to do it again the following years. The first year, we sat down on a bench just to take a break from walking, and the next thing we knew there was a 2-hour-long line that formed to take pictures with us. Basically, the costumes were just oversized masks but they were a hit.

photo(29).jpg

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Different characters, but always something dark (Grim Reaper, Devil, Blade from 'Puppet Master', etc.), so that repeated, anyhow:D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was a teenager, my cousin and I dressed up as "The Old Man" and "His Spirit" in Salem, MA for 3-years in a row. We were there with my parents for "Haunted Happenings" during late October and everywhere we went we were stopped for pictures. We felt so famous that we had to do it again the following years. The first year, we sat down on a bench just to take a break from walking, and the next thing we knew there was a 2-hour-long line that formed to take pictures with us. Basically, the costumes were just oversized masks but they were a hit.

View attachment 167968
that is awesome!

·
Ridin' The Storm Out
1,076 Posts
I always, for the most part, dressed up as a witch. Fitting for my name haha!
Mildred? Winnie? Elphaba? ;)

I was often a witch, too, in various incarnations. One of my favorites was the Mildred Hubble costume I made myself when I was 10. I wore that a couple years in a row.

·
Registered
188 Posts
For the past 10 years or so I've stuck to dressing like a witch, but when I was younger I would try to switch it up every year.

The one that sticks in my mind most is Pippi Longstocking because I went into a costume contest at the local mall and ended up winning a $50 gift card to a stuffed animal shop. (My mom made me share my winnings with my sisters, but I ended up with a cute halloween themed stuffed animal.) Other costumes included the queen of hearts, dead cheerleader, princess, bunny, pirate... etc...

·
Registered
211 Posts
costumes

Growing up in the 70's as well, mainly went as Hobo as all we had to wear was dads old tornup clothes.
When we could afford costumes I tried to get scary zombie style ones. Sure do not miss those plastic masks with elastic band to hold it on your head! Not even sure that style is available anymore ... Hmmm may look this year just out of curiosity!
In the 80's we were in our teens and usually if dressed up, went out as KISS as well. I was always Gene :) but we usually just went and sang songs to people instead of asking for candy. Was a blast back then ...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dressed up as a ninja more times than anyone ever should haha my mom hated it she always wanted something different but still got me the costumes hha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts