Halloween Forum banner
  • Notice image

Hello Guest - Please always operate based on "buyer beware" and don't trust anyone you don't know when using these classifieds!

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE USING THE FORUM

Art & Creations - Disneyland's "The Haunted Mansion" - Fan Thread

6K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  Grinning Raven 
#1 ·
Hello All...

I have been doing a good deal of painting these days. Some of you may know, I have painted reproductions of all the paintings that hang in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. I've posted them in other threads before, but, with the new ones I am working on now I thought I would start a new thread and post everything on one, easy accessible thread.... :D

Being finished with studio work, I will be focusing more attention to my own website, starting to build now... www.thegrinningraven.com I will be offering commissioned work, for those needing paintings, and sculpture's I will also be designing jewelry and props, focused mainly toward Halloween. stay tune I will keep everyone updated.

These newest paintings are oils on canvas.... I have always liked the old art of Marc Davis and original art work which hung in the mansion. I though that would be a great series to paint, now with all of my time. Below are 4 of Marc Davis Dueling Portraits, The Gorgon, and The Cat Woman. I will soon be posting some others, not yet finished. They are the 4 stretch paintings by Marc and the old Marc Davis painting of the mansion. Stay tune I will be eventually posting all of the art I have done on this thread for all you Haunted Mansion fans to visit....

The Grinning Raven
Painting Art Cartoon Poster Illustration

Painting Art Poster Illustration Modern art

Painting Art Lady Illustration Watercolor paint

Painting Modern art Art Portrait Visual arts

See less See more
#2 ·
NEWEST PAINTING....

Since my last post I have finished another painting. This has always been one of my favorite of Marc Davis paintings, Not sure why I never painted it before this but since finishing it I have gotten 2 commission orders for this painting.

I am still working on the 4 original stretch paintings from this "The Haunted Mansion" era. I have been having to tweaking the colors, a bit, the only photos of them I have been able to find are pretty washed. Once I am finished with these I will post them...

The Grinning Raven

Painting Nature Watercolor paint Art House

#5 ·
JUST FINISHED!!!!!

My Newest Paintings....
Always have been a fan of Disneyland's "The Haunted Mansion" So much so I've had my go at painting recreations of every painting that hangs in the mansion.. Along with sculpting many of the sculptures.... Disney is extremely guarded in the paintings in the mansion. Even though they sell posters of the paintings they are far from true to color and tone. The vintage art of the mansion made by Ed Kohn and Marc Davis is extremely hard to find, and, even if you can find anything over time the film has yellowed, the very rare photos, you may be lucky to find, especially of Ed Kohn, It is rare to find anything.
I have been attempting to collect photographs and slides of the Vintage portraits, some I have already posted of my finished paintings,. Here are my newest finished paintings. The four Stretching Room Paintings by Marc Davis. These paintings hung in the mansion from 1969 to 1974. The 5th painting is one of my, realism paintings of the "Candlestick Gargoyle" which guards each side of the four painting in the Stretching room. I have even sculpted this peace which are placed in each corner of my Haunted Mansion Office. Enjoy The Grinning Raven

Costume design Poster Art Fictional character Painting

Painting Poster Art

Bottle Poster Liqueur Fernet Plant

Poster Painting Art Illustration Fictional character

Painting Art Picture frame Modern art Still life photography

#6 ·
Something Strange about this Painting!!!

Here was a commissioned painting I got from a man who's career is playing poker. He wanted Dynamite's document changed into what is called "The Dead Man's Hand" The hand "Wild Bill Hickok" was dealt moments before he was shot in the saloon. Enjoy The Grinning Raven

Poster Painting Art Modern art Furniture

#9 ·
I have attached my finished paintings of April and July of Disney artist Kohn. I have always loved Marc Davis work but Kohn's rendition of April - December was Brilliant! Kohn's use of aura's around this Haunted Mansion portrait was amazing!....

Painting Modern art Art Watercolor paint Sitting

Painting Sitting Modern art Art Illustration

#10 ·
Hello Mortals...
I have just finished stretching all of the Paintings I have just Painted these past months. Still trying to find a couple of good photos of "The Black Knight" and Ship to finish off the Marc Davis Collection. But here is the collection. Lighting wasn't the best but...... Enjoy The Grinning Raven
Fashion Collection Art Textile Collage

Fashion Art Textile Art exhibition Collection

Fashion Textile Room Art Collection

Art Fictional character Room Painting Illustration

Art Painting Anime Fictional character

Fashion Collage Costume design Art Textile

Illustration Art Poster Book Fiction

] Art Painting Mural Fiction Modern art

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.