Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winds are picking up (supposed to hit 25 mph).

Rain won't quit.

Temps are dropping and it may be snowing by the time the tots come out.

I managed to get most of what I wanted set up but with all this rain, I will be lucky if everything works (have a tone of cords stretched out). I can't use my jumping spider due to rain and I can't use my talking skeleton where I wanted to, though I may try setting him up in my garage cubby hole with me.

CURSE YOU TO HELL MOTHER NATURE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
That sucks man.... hope you can salvage a somewhat fun Halloween.

Having issues here in Oklahoma also. No rain or snow but wind gust up to 25 mph have already blown over two props (breaking one of them) and it's ripping the heck out of a few tarps I have hanging up to cover gaps in a fake wall I have up in the garage door opening. Pretty cold also but sunny. Will be very cold tonight after TOTing is over and I have about 2 to 3 hours of cleanup after that. With a sore back and feeling sick..... ugh.

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
What's snow? j/k ;)

That sucks and really I'm sorry to hear about your weather worries.
We might get some rain this afternoon (none so far) and tonight's low temperature
is expected to be around 61 degrees F - which is awesome for us here in sunny, south Florida.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yeah this is pretty depressing, my yard is pretty sturdy but looking at the weather (and incoming 30-40mph gusts) I'm thinking about taking stuff inside. Second year in a row with bad weather.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep , came home early to finish for our party and had to lower the tent so it did not blow away and then BIG FLAKES of snow started falling. So much for the weather people keeping the snow until late. The wind is my biggest concern. Hard to get folks around a bon fire at 30 degree wind chills. But we should still have fun and we gave a couple of games to play. Going to do the "wink/death " game

·
Registered
869 Posts
its weird how things work, for me I am also here upset with the weather but because it is to warm. Here where I live today is 80, but for me just does not have a Halloween feel to it, to sunny and warm.Almost like a summer day. Ruins it for me to be honest

·
Registered
869 Posts
and while I dont have the rain to worry about I do honestly have the sun that can damage a lot of my latex props, so still sucks. The desert sun is brutal.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Update, my pop up tent was almost lost ! Looks like an ALL indoor party tonight ~!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Starting to rain here in North Atlanta. Hauled everybody in. Trying to figure out if it is too early to start drinking.

·
Purely and Simply....EVIL
949 Posts
Raining on and off here in Indianapolis..could get snow showers...wind is heavy...last year was a complete down pour..this year snow??? I guess this is a trade off for beautiful autumn days....sigh....

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Lumpy, wow don't know if that is better or worse for you. We're getting a good drenching (no snow) and if the front doesn't start moving eastward and out of our area we are due for a lot more rain than predicted. I had to change my prop set up too and my jumping spider is just jumping to be used already! It's frustrating to have all these cool props I've accumulated and not be able to put them out.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wind damage here -second year in a row! Took some stuff down, fun quick repairs on two props and set up me a place in the garage with a few props so I can hand out the goodies.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Winds are picking up (supposed to hit 25 mph).

Rain won't quit.

Temps are dropping and it may be snowing by the time the tots come out.

I managed to get most of what I wanted set up but with all this rain, I will be lucky if everything works (have a tone of cords stretched out). I can't use my jumping spider due to rain and I can't use my talking skeleton where I wanted to, though I may try setting him up in my garage cubby hole with me.

CURSE YOU TO HELL MOTHER NATURE!!!!!!!
Hi Lumpy,

That stinks! I'm so sorry to hear that you're getting dumped on my Mother Nature. I feel your pain!!! Each of us puts so much of our selves into all we do with our decorations, yard haunts, parties and other stuff that it's a disaster like no other. But take stock! Find some part of your night that is going well enough to remind you of the joy in the holiday. Plus you're not alone! It's freezing here in Missouri with about a twenty mph steady wind that is playing hell with my yard deco's. We've only had about thirty to thirty-five T or T's tonight and well . . . that's just sad. Hanging in there . . . look at it this way . . . think of all the stuff from this year that will be totally new next year???? LOLOL. Yes you can look at from the angle of you already have a huge start on a lot of new stuff for next year that you can add to this coming year. :D I hope this helps . . . GiggleingGhost

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah. This is my first year to do anything and was doing a front yard cemetary.....dang wind here in Oklahoma peeves me. Come home to find all the spider webbing blowing in the wind. I hate that stuff - I really do!!! Then, I set my two static plague doctors outside and in 5 minutes they blew over. I had to weigh them down with some garden step stones. And, it was in the 40s.....that's probably warm compared to you eastern folk, but a little chilly for us! It calmed down later in the evening, but I think the chilly weather kept a lot of people home tonight. Looking forward to next year already.

·
Registered
840 Posts
We had to completely take down our tent because of the strong winds that started about an hour before TOT and move everything into the porch. Then as it was starting, the rain turned into snow. REALLY??? Thankfully that didn't last long. Too bad the temps dropped into the 30s so I froze because I was outside the whole time. The plus was that my Maleficent costume was a huge hit!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts