Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ran through my lighting focus. Everything looks great scene lighting wise. As Im standing in the street looking at the house I notice my frontdoor light isnt on. So I go inside and flick the switch. Nothing.
I check the bulb, looks good but Ill switch it for one I know works.
I do that and still nothing.
Now I have to spend time tomorrow taking the light off the wall and apart to see whats wrong.
Worse case is Ill drop a socket with a cord attached and plug it into the outlet directly under the porchlight

Its always something isnt it?

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
I was thinking the very same thing as I did my lights today. Luckily the actual lamppost wasn't broken, just a busted bulb..but it IS always something! Your blessed that you can fix stuff like that yourself..I would have to call the electrician

·
Registered
93 Posts
I always replace the porchlight bulb with something more suitable for our display... This year, I opened the light (a big, metal affair that hangs from a chain) and discovered that some nasty spider (likely a black widow) has been living in there happily for some time now! The bottom of the lamp was 1/2" thick with dessicated insect corpses and the light itself was at the heart of a dense mass of sticky web.

Before I reached in, I had to completely clear it out! Just another unexpected task before readying everything for tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts