Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my boarded up haunted house with graveyard! I put a lot of work into it. My son dressed up as Jason Voorhees and had a blast frightning all the trick or treaters. New this year was the lightning machine. You could see it half way down the block. I had big scream t.v in the downstairs window and all the windows were boarded up. I used a 400 watt fogger and a long pvc pipe filled with water bottles as my fog chiller. I hope you guys enjoy thanks for all the inspiration! I can't wait till next year!

YouTube - Halloween2010

·
Registered
13,833 Posts
I really enjoyed your video tour, it was nicely put together. I also thought the house/yard looked great, very eerie especially with the lightning machine and fog running as you had it. I'm curious how you ran the BigScream TV. Did you have a window open part way or somehow run sound outside?

BTW your son looked great and sure would have made me nervous walking up to get candy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Scream T.V Set up

Ghost of Spookie I left the window open and took off the storm window and put the speakers lying down facing outside. U can kinda see them in the vidoe they are gray and are lying sideways on the window sill. I had a piece of glass from an old table and used my macbook pro hooked up to my 24 inch monitor to display the image. I think the big scream t.v was one of the best investments I made for Halloween. I got it last year and get lots of positive comments on it.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Awesome haunt. And I must say excellent choice of soundtrack to accompany your video..The theme music from "The Thing" and "Nightmare on Elm Street". Well done!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frankenfrog I bought a lightning machine from a Halloween store for about 35 bucks. I looked and looked for the Christmas machine but they were sold out everywhere. I figured I would spend money on shipping so I couldn't resist buying the one from the store. It has a 1,000 watt capacity but you can't plug the speakers into it. I hooked up two Flood work clamp lamps with a 500 watt blue bulb and a 500 watt white blub. It was really bright! I got a 10 foot tall board and cut it in half and made make-shift polls to clamp the lights to. I put one poll in the front left and one in the front right corners of the graveyard. I don't have any trees in my front yard so this was my only option (I tried from below but didn't like how it looked). I figured if they were high enough it wouldn't distract. This was the new addition to this years haunt. I think it brought a lot of atmosphere. The only thing I'm going to do different is hook it up to a better sound system. I had a boom box in the garage and if you were on the other side of the graveyard you couldn't hear it as well. Next year I'm going to run two speakers on either side of the house. The fog chiller worked perfect because there wasn't any wind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts