Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to vent - several people in the neighborhood are lighting their XMas lights to protest Halloween! Dumbest thing I've ever heard!! Goofballs - fine, light up the neighborhood - don't mind the electric bill! Grrrrrr...

·
Grand WaZoo
845 Posts
Well I say go with the spirit of Christmas and ring the season in by crucifying Santa on a cross! Maybe Rudolf split wide open with a Ghoul eating his entrails? Ahhh nothing like neighborly love! What will these people hand out to the TOT's that ring their door bells, religious tracks?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Oh Brother

I will never understand why people get so worked up over this Holiday. Maybe they should do a bit of research re All Hallows Eve. How it has direct Christian connections. At least to the Catholic faith. My wife is Catholic and she loves Halloween.

Of course if your neighbors fall into certain religious sects, then you might remind them of a particular quote from the Bible. Judge not lest Ye be judged.

Ask them why they need to display Christmas lights during All Hallows Eve. Are they placing judgement on you and protesting you.

Is this an example of their faith. Do unto others? How would they feel if you maintained your Haunt on Christmas Eve?

I am not saying you should. They are the ignorant ones. No reason to lower yourself to their petty ways.

Spinman

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
put on a voodoo outfit and go stand in front of their display and dance wildy screaming demon be out. if nothing else they may refrain from doing that again, don't want the crazy guy in their yard. heeheehee

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I say the best way to communicate how much fun Halloween is, is to, well...have fun! Your haunt will be SO much fun to TOTers. If anyone mentions the "protest" to you, throw back your head and laugh cheerily and then say you've heard about it but it doesn't apply to you. Say you had fun as a little kid on Halloween, and you like that little kids today can have fun, too.

The best way to combat ultra-seriousness is by being silly. How can they fight with that? Have a fabulously fun gory haunt, give out TONS of candy and do it all again next year!!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
I say the best way to communicate how much fun Halloween is, is to, well...have fun! Your haunt will be SO much fun to TOTers. If anyone mentions the "protest" to you, throw back your head and laugh cheerily and then say you've heard about it but it doesn't apply to you. Say you had fun as a little kid on Halloween, and you like that little kids today can have fun, too.

The best way to combat ultra-seriousness is by being silly. How can they fight with that? Have a fabulously fun gory haunt, give out TONS of candy and do it all again next year!!
this is the best advise you can have. well stated melonie.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmm. Nightmare Before Christmas popped into my head at hearing about those neighbors. Slip a pumpkin on to one of their Santa or Reindeer props. :D But in all seriousness, they are the ones jacking up their electric bill and making themselves look silly in the process. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was riding through a neighborhood yesterday, and while there was ALOT of Halloween
decorations on houses, one house had CHRISTMAS LIGHTS on the door!

I mean, Halloween is this FRIDAY!

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
For some people it maybe simply be a matter of getting the holiday decorations up while the weather is still good. I'm wondering myself how I want to put my icicle lights up this year. But since I decorate for halloween also will deal with the icicles after this weekend. As for actually lighting it now, well that is a bit weird. It really galls me that some feel that they need to find evil in everything and everyone and push their ideas of what religion is on everyone else. No tolerance for anyone else. Making it a lighting competition really shows what kind of people they are as it's done in spite.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts