Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story over at CNN

So apparently the CIA has "officially" acknowledged Area 51 and released maps with it. It's funny that they would take this long to admit to the existence of something everyone in the world already knew was a real place. And if the research there is so "unremarkable" as they claim, why all the secrecy for so long?

I'm not really saying I believe they've got alien space crafts and corpses on site, but I do think there is a lot that the government doesn't tell us.

What do you guys think?

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
It took so long to reveal it because they needed that much time to move everything out. That's why the research is mundane - the cool stuff has been moved.

Reactions: Lilith's Demon

·
For Your Demonic Needs!
1,254 Posts
Honestly I expected to read something like: "Oh, great! My in-laws are free." or "Now I can tell people where I was really born." or "YAY! I can take my spouse to meet my parents!" or "NO! Its too soon!" or "Oh, thank god! I can stop running now."

:D

Okay, okay... Really though, I know its ridiculous that it took them this long to admit to something I found satellite pictures of just by browsing the internet in the 90s. Secondly, it was never Area 51 that anyone should have paid attention to. It is Area 51B that people should have looked at and asked about. Seriously, IIRC its just over the next ridge. Smaller (above ground) but its there.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Not so sure about aliens, but I distrust the government and believe that there are likely lots of failed experiments being housed somewhere, even if not there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
but I do think there is a lot that the government doesn't tell us.
Of course there is, and as a veteran I understand why. With matters of national security, that's the way it has to be. We aren't the only country with Black Projects, and every country keeps theirs as secret as possible, and denies their existence when leaked.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Area 51 and all the talk about aliens was to distract everyone from what was really going on there. Top secret military development that was going on there.
Stealth technology, faking the Lunar landing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Everbody knows the aliens are hidden at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH in Hangar 51. I have seen em, when I just but a wee little lad I was up at the Air Force Museum, one of the little rascals escaped. I'll never forget the look in those big buggy eyes of his when he was finally caught and recaptured. They cornered him in the Apollo 11 capsule that landed in the ocean. Guess he thought he could fire it up and return home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Area 51 enigma is a place for the government to focus people's attention while legitimately scary and freaky stuff gets tested elsewhere. Recently a scientist that worked at Area 51 admitted on his death bed that they have alien technology and actual aliens there, one group we apparently have a very good relationship with. Personally I think he was either having a laugh with his dying breaths or playing the governments game until the end. Either way, there are strange things going on world wide right now, not just deep in the desert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts