Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
evil

Yes, clowns are evil.. they are not funny, amusing, or bringers of anything fun. They are creepy, odd, and abominations.. and thats just not the alcohol talking!! ;)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i love clowns, jesters, jokers, mimes, halequins, comedies, tragedies, pierrot, pierretta. i collect them as dolls, i make them as dolls, i make them as pillows. my haunt one year was a clown maze. a really good haunt. i love your mask. pretty nice, but full masks like that are hard to get on and off and hard to breathe in. great for making props though.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
When I was a child there was an amusement park which had a very large clown's head ( like about 20' tall) and it would laugh. Naturally there was someone in it using a mike. It scared the living daylights out of me. I wouldn't let my parents take me anywhere near it.

In general clowns can look creepy and evil. Take for instance Pennywise from Stephen King's "It" and or the film Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

Yes! Clowns do scare me.

But you did a terrific job creating your clown charactter.

You can scare me anytime! Lol!

TC:)

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Clowns don't bother me at all...never have, even as a kid.
However, there are plenty of folks that are almost phobic about them. I've never seen any statistics, but by my reckoning they've got to be right up there with snakes, spiders and the dark on the "most common phobias" list.

In my haunt, "Funnyballs the Homicidal Clown" normally gets the most screams every year.
He's nothing special..just a guy in a clown mask and a boiler suit that stalks around the place and pops out from unlikely places, but he seems to be the one all the TOT's remember.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
well I can't say I'm a fan of clowns that's for sure, but they're not a fear either.
What really stirs me up "for Real" is #1 The Easter Bunny or Easter Rabbit whatever you like to call that purely Evil Vile thing! #2 would be Santa, you know that creepy guy who dresses up in the red suit and tries to be your friend, tries to get you to sit on his lap and tell him your secrets , freak! # 3 would be certain types of mechanical robots.

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
John Wayne Gacy ruined clowns for me, Clowns just arent suppose to be burying boys around the house, its wrong, immoral, inconsiderate and it just isnt right.... Dutchess, I agree with you on Santa too, I bet Chris Hansen is dying to get ahold of that guy, I can jus hear Dell saying, "I just baked some chocolate chip cookies, try some".... LOL...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great stories everyone, and thank you for the compliments on the mask. It's interesting to see where fears start, and how some people can be deathly afraid of something while others aren't afraid of it at all, or even embrace it for that matter. Coulrophobia(the fear of clowns) lives on!

Beep! Beep! Richie! (Pennywise the Clown from Stephen King's IT is brilliant). Most of the people I've talked to over the years who are afraid of clowns say that he is the reason.

Take care
-SPFXMasks

·
Registered
725 Posts
When I was just a toddler my parents took me to a circus. That night I had a nightmare, one of my earliest memories. I was in my crib and a clown walked up the stairs, into my room, and stood over my crib staring at me. To say the least, I am definitely on the side of not liking clowns!

Great mask!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Nice work!
I'm not afraid of clowns, but I love how something associated with children's entertainment can be so scary. Go clowns! :D
They're a great Halloween tie-in!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think clowns are really creepy. This is me, I just sat outside the house, only moving when some TOTs were brave enough to come up to the door. I had clown make-up and red wig under my mask.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm not afraid of clowns but I find amazing to see how many people are...
You think you have to do the creepiest prop for halloween but a simple clown doll could do the trick ..!! This year, there will be a clown somewhere in my house ...!!!
SPFX, the mask is amazing, Iffy you did a great job too !!!!!

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I've suspended a clown between trees for the past couple of years, but won't this year, since it's not really a theme I use...

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I hate clowns. Usually I'm not creeped out by the deformed bloody gorry mess clown mask, but I must say that your mask actually gives me the creeps! So great job since you have the first messed up clown mask to ever freak me out. I usually hate the pennywise type clowns. The traditional simple clowns scare the $*@! out of me. ewww.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts