Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are Halloween Extremists. Every year we build a huge facade and an elaborate home-haunt for the TOTs that enters through the 3-car garage and exits through the front door. I'm not sure exactly how many visitors we get, but I know its in the hundreds, and possibly over a thousand.

We also have a small business (Party & Event Planning).

This year, we thought of a way to promote our business Halloween night. Besides stocking up on mini candy bars for our young hauntees, we're also putting together 50 or so "goodie bags" for the grown-ups. The bags will contain a premium candy (like one of those individually wrapped crunchy truffle thingys), an LED keychain light, our business card, and a refrigerator magnet calendar with our company logo & information on it.

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
Great idea. My girlfriend suggested this for me last year but it seemed like a lot of extra work. She will be pissed that you made it sound like more of a legitimate idea to me. :)

·
Zombie Inside
2,045 Posts
That's a great idea Scott. Considering what your business is, I would think you could tie the haunt to it another way as well. You could put up a banner or signs stating that the decorations were provided/done by your business (or signs that say "*haunt name* presented by *business name*"). That would give people a little taste of what you're capable of. That would also make it an advertising event for the business and the whole thing should be tax deductable.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was approached by a event planner to help her do a haunted house party. Have you tried promoting yourself as a haunted house party for little kids or any age for that matter. My offer was quite lucrative I just didn't have the time required. I thought about doing this myself, in my area there is a demand for it. You could also approach schools and split the revenue. Plus you get free actors and help.

-PB

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was approached by a event planner to help her do a haunted house party. Have you tried promoting yourself as a haunted house party for little kids or any age for that matter. My offer was quite lucrative I just didn't have the time required. I thought about doing this myself, in my area there is a demand for it. You could also approach schools and split the revenue. Plus you get free actors and help.

-PB
Yes, we have thought of doing that, but we know we would not be able to deliver 100% to a client during that time of the year. The wedding we had last year (at our house on Halloween night) was different because almost all of the work was already done, since it was our house. The rest was done in the days between our party (the Saturday before Halloween) and Halloween night.

And as for the rest of the year, well, except for the folks who hang around this place, who would want a haunted house party in May?

·
Registered
495 Posts
ahahah true no haunted houses in may. We were approached for the 1st weekend of OCT.

I am able to and have the manning to do a few parties if I wanted to and still get ours up for Halloween.

If you did just the 1st few weeks the money you made can go towards props that you could use just for your House party haunts not effecting your yard haunt

-PB

·
Magic Man (Taken)
725 Posts
I am also a small business owner, but I don't think it would be well received to advertise my business by giving the ToTs anything related to the business. I own a liquor store and liquor and children do not go together.

However the home haunt is well received and most of our customers bring their children to the house for Halloween.

·
Registered
504 Posts
We own a Domino's franchise in our town and we do A LOT of cross promotion with our haunt and our business. We do parades here in town and Domino's buys little cups with lids that we fill with some candy, and fliers about both Domino's and our haunt, as well as any other businesses that will help pay for the cups. It's a GREAT way to get our name out there in the off season. Also, it helps get some volunteers during the summer.

Also, one year at the house, we had Domino's goodie bags that we gave out to the kids.
:).

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am also a small business owner, but I don't think it would be well received to advertise my business by giving the ToTs anything related to the business. I own a liquor store and liquor and children do not go together.

However the home haunt is well received and most of our customers bring their children to the house for Halloween.
Oh, the ToTs still get their treats. The Goodie Bags are for the parents that bring the ToTs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We own a business that we can cut out any shape on 1/8 coated pressed board and heat press and design on it. They work well for advertising and we put magnets on the back of them. Drop me a line and we can discuss it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts