Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finding the hot glue gun to be a very versatile tool. Just today I found that it works great with foam to foam gluing. I've always used Titebond II for my foam but I did some experimenting with the hot glue and found that it bonded foam to foam and foam to wood in seconds rather than an overnight wait and the bond was stronger than the foam around it. I glued a 2" piece of foam to a wooden base and after 1 minute I couldn't break it apart untill I got the hammer out. I don't think I'll replace the titebond just yet but I've become very impressed with hot glue. I wonder if there's a bad side to using hot glue?

I found out earlier this year that it's the only thing I know of that will glue plastics and pvc cheaply and easily. All after months of frustration and all types of different glues....grrrrrr.

What do you use your hot glue gun on?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Short answer: everything I can!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the stuff. I'm impatient so quick is very good!

Started out using hot glue for very little, but I'm finding more uses for it all the time and now it's my mainstay.

Glueing of course, forming small objects, shooting spider web, and adding texture to things. Wonderful stuff!

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts