Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried the VR Gear from Samsung, the download was a haunted mansion type, it was real impressive. Has anyone thought of incorporating this into their home haunts, can they Co exist, or is this the future of experiencing Halloween? Your thoughts?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
I think they'll co-exist. Sorta like there's a new Superman VR rollercoaster at our Six Flags but that's not stopping anyone from making new coasters or riding the old ones.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The haunted house download was so immersive, I came away so impressed that I went and bought some on this buy and sell website

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Compared to other Vr possibilities a haunted house won't be much of the market compared to more personal and erotic types of ... programs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think they'll be great for folks who can't access haunts locally. I don't see augmented reality haunts taking over - especially with all the new tech for making custom stuff cheap & high quality.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can envision a few scenarios, the trick or trunk groups, I can see them having a couple of goggles, people with limited or no space(apartment dwellers, people with no yard space or no room in garage)the older generation of haunters that physically just can't deal with the physical demands of setting up, wheelchair bound folks who love Halloween but can't set up even able bodied enthusiasts who just don't want to deal with the grind of setting up, people who throw yearly Halloween parties can this at their parties too. I myself am throwing around an idea of splitting my walkthrough in two sections, a pick your path kinda thing, reality based on one side, virtual reality on the other.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
A couple things from an overall optimist-- One, they're different art forms. Sculpture doesn't make painting obsolete. Horror movies don't make haunts "old hat". I don't see either one making people eschew the other.
Secondly, haunts have real, physical things. Virtual reality might give a more realistic experience than watching a movie does, but there's a certain similarity-- You know there's not really anything there to Get You. With a physical haunt, you expect that no one is going to grab you, but you're not 100% certain. That little bit of unreasonable doubt can get the adrenaline pumping.

Dulcet Jones has something there, too! A big part of the fun of a haunt, home or pro, is going with friends and sharing the scares-- being able to look at one another's faces, challenging one another, and laughing at yourselves

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
It seems to us (my wife and I) that more and more young people are pretty satisfied sitting in front of a computer screen, safe from any physical person or persons, conducting their business, their "social" life and not needed to worry about a car starting or the weather or the neighbors watching you come and go.
We had a phone call just a few months ago from someone wanting to come here and "film" Everything" with a 360 degree camera outfit. Then this "show" would be sold on-line, we would get a few Cents each time it was sold, but THEY would OWN everything! (And have the right to sell THAT to a third party.
This could be a money-maker... but then, my house is my very personal efforts and ideas , and my own art work..and How many people have signed contracts and then Not had any Lawyer Money to go after the swindler who does have lawyer money? (History is full of such situations )
No thanks! we will tolerate things here just as they are.. because we happen to really like dealing with customers 99% of the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the virtual theme park idea that companies like The Void are working on:

https://thevoid.com/

It uses full VR environments overlaid on the real environment to give an immersive experience that you can actually walk around in and interact with. I don't think these will ever replace traditional haunts, but I suspect you'll see this concept show up in professional haunts in the larger cities within the next couple of years. They'll probably be high-ticket experiences rather than the sort of haunt where they push thousands through each night. But still, as haunters, it's something to keep an eye on.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
..we would get a few Cents each time it was sold, but THEY would OWN everything! (And have the right to sell THAT to a third party.
Oh that's all kinds of NOPE!!!

I don't know you personally but from what I've gathered here on this forum that if you'd wanted to have your haunt online like that, you'd already be doing it. That way it would be YOUR video, YOUR site, & all of that money would be YOURS.

It's very Prince-like of you Gym!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Haunted Experience cost .99 cents, the goggles cost $99. Best Buy has them for free if you get a new cellphone or upgrade a phone.

Below is the pitch for the Haunted Experience.

This experience contains strong images and scary scenes. Not appropriate for people with heart diseases. You thought you were alone in the house? Apparently you're not.. Haunted is a short immersive horror experience that uses the 360 degree visuals and audio to let you experience terror like never before.

I know I want one, how can anyone resist? https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/835782169860964/

·
Halloween Elitist
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Haunted Experience cost .99 cents, the goggles cost $99. Best Buy has them for free if you get a new cellphone or upgrade a phone.

Below is the pitch for the Haunted Experience.

This experience contains strong images and scary scenes. Not appropriate for people with heart diseases. You thought you were alone in the house? Apparently you're not.. Haunted is a short immersive horror experience that uses the 360 degree visuals and audio to let you experience terror like never before.

I know I want one, how can anyone resist? https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/835782169860964/
That's the one I tried, the haunted experience, there are some ideas I would like to replicate

1 - 20 of 29 Posts