Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
black light queen
2,506 Posts
based upon the effectiveness of solar powered led lights, i'd say that black light leds instead of normal white leds would be disappointing ... uv leds are not as efficient as normal white leds ... but since i've never hacked any solar powered led lights, i don't really know ... but i have purchased uv leds and was not impressed with them, as they were more purple than uv black light ...

i'm still waiting for inexpensive uv leds that have a peak wavelength of about 365nm ... but they're extremely expensive ... most uv leds peak at 400nm ... which doesn't seem to be too far from 365, but they're mainly purple and i'm looking for uv leds that have minimal visible light output ... i want my uv effects to pop, with minimal visible light from my fluorescent black light bulbs

sorry for my rambling on ... if you do find any solar powered uv leds, please let us know your opinion

amk

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can put small blacklight leds in my landscpe lights but you are right they are not to impressive. I eant them gor different parts of the urd without running wires. Wires and mosquitoes...my two pet peeves!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are there any solar powered black lights?
Are there any solar powered black lights?
I found some at next deal shop, but it takes them forever to get stuff sent to you, they're tracking always just says, "in transit", they lose your orders.
These haven't been fully charged, the color on them do say purple, but use your own judgement. If I can find them somewhere else I will.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts