Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of yesterday, Walgreens only had their Halloween candy on the shelves. I'm finding a lot of similar skeletons at Walmart, Target, etc... but they are $50 now. Are the days of the awesome $30 skeletons gone?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Once something catches on and companies realize what a hot commodity they have on their hands, they tend to milk it for all that it is worth, so most likely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The $30.00 "Wallies" are gone for good. Just saw a local Walgreens with the pose n stay skellies this morning for $50.00. These do not have the detail of the $30.00 "Wallies". Big disappointment that the detail is not there and a higher cost. No more resin skulls either, same skull as the pose n stay...blah. I did not see any Night Before Christmas items...grrrr.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got one of those tonight at Menards. I had a 10% off coupon, which helped a bit. The big difference I can see so far, other than the paint job, is that there are wires attaching the arms and skull, and other wires going down through the legs which makes them hang a bit more "natural" and less straight up and down. Since that's what I've done to a couple of mine anyhow, this saves me a step. Menards also has them listed on their webpage, for those who don't have a Menards in their area.http://www.menards.com/main/see-more/halloween/outdoor-decor/65-resin-jointed-hanging-posing-skeleton/p-2032205-c-12272.htm

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:( Sniff.....uhm......I can't go on.....no more $30 Skellies????? :eek: WTH???:eek: Oh nooooooo, say it ain't so... We may have to get together a group buy on some Skellies. I can't pay full price..... I just can't....it's principal now folks.... PRINCIPAL!:mad:

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
It sure looks that way. Next cheapest option for a Wally-type skeleton is $38 dollars at Spirit, once you've applied the 25% off coupon.
Yup! I got two of them using the 25% coupon. $38.00 isn't bad for these.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
:( Sniff.....uhm......I can't go on.....no more $30 Skellies????? :eek: WTH???:eek: Oh nooooooo, say it ain't so... We may have to get together a group buy on some Skellies. I can't pay full price..... I just can't....it's principal now folks.... PRINCIPAL!:mad:
Actually, it's principle...just sayin.
In any case I share the remorse. I am so glad I shelled out the bucks last year for my skelly pall bearers.

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
My walgreens hasn't put anything out yet.

On a side note, I got one of those skellies a couple years ago. He made it one week and his arm and leg fell off. Bummer.
thats more than i can say for the one i looked at last year. i think i pulled it off the hook and was moving the limbs because i didnt know if it was a pose n stay or just a hanger.... and his leg fell right off lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was in a Party City yesterday, and they had the exact same skeleton that Walgreens used to carry, joints and all, but priced at $50.00. That's way too much. On a side note they do have hard foam skulls for $4.99 that are actually worth buying. The paint job is really good. I'm holding out hope that Walgreens will get the traditional ones in, since the stores by me also don't have any of their costumes or cheap foam tombstones out yet either. Great Pumpkin make it so!!! :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts