Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow haunters!

I really love the idea of making or printing paper invitation to give to people for my Halloween party. I have done this in the past, but a lot of people will just say " this is a waste of paper, why don't you just make a FB event?" . Of course, I always do an FB event as well but I like how personal it is to give someone an invite as well. I think it's more likely will come when you've taken the effort to hand deliver or mail them an invite. Also, they are so cute! So I was wondering who still does paper invitations either as the only invite or in concert with an electronic event invite? If you do, do you make your own or order them online? Where is a good reliable but less expensive place to order them?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I love paper invites and do them every year. I always have them coordinate with my theme and I really think my guests like to receive them. I had a few last year who hesitant to even open them because I had Confidential stamped all over it. It was a commitment paper to the Asylum.
I put a ton of work into them and I think they set the tone. This year I am having a Mother Goose Nursery Crime theme and my invites will look like little story books...I just ordered my orange paper :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love paper invites and do them every year. I always have them coordinate with my theme and I really think my guests like to receive them. I had a few last year who hesitant to even open them because I had Confidential stamped all over it. It was a commitment paper to the Asylum.
I put a ton of work into them and I think they set the tone. This year I am having a Mother Goose Nursery Crime theme and my invites will look like little story books...I just ordered my orange paper :)
Oh wow! You make them by hand??? That is so neat! I have never attempted to make any by hand. This year our theme is twisted fairy tales, but I am having a hard time finding premade invites that fit. Maybe I should try to make some myself.

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,381 Posts
I am a firm believer in paper or old fashioned invites. It show a higher level of care about your guests I think. And I got to say the fun of receiving such unique cards is always a treat in itself as a guest. And as a sender, I love the chance to really be creative. This year we are being low key and skipping the party but I have plans for next year already in the works and handmade invites are involved.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,573 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was just going to say that because I'd be one of those not on Facebook!
Me too! And I am a big fan of just about anything considered "old fahioned" so I will always make invitations to mail. People love getting "fun mail" anyway. I cannot envision a time when paper wedding invitations wouldn't exist and as long as THEY do...so too will my Halloween party invitations! Just about everything is ALWAYS worth putting in the extra work and doing it the hard way. It always shows in the final product. Craftsmanship, you know?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ditto to all. E invites actually offend me. Why would I want to go to a party where the host shows such little effort. I believe in adhering to not "old fashioned" but by what is considered timeless protocol! I love the invites I make and all of the kids over the years literally wait impatiently for them to show up addtessed to them in the mail. A special occassion is special for a reason! Now I dont know if my way is legal but they come out great. I search Google images for HD Wallpaper and Photoshop my words on it. They always rhyme!!! Then the fun of choosing matching envelopes and a great font is about all the fun I can stand. I know it sounds pathetic but I'll bet alot of you love it too!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I tried fb invites once and had low turn out for my party so I do paper invites now. I do something different every year for invites. This year I did send some party goers like my family and a few friends who live out of town a save the date fb invite so they could have the date and time early but they will still get actual invites when the time comes

·
Reaper Guardian
2,105 Posts
Hello fellow haunters!

I really love the idea of making or printing paper invitation to give to people for my Halloween party. I have done this in the past, but a lot of people will just say " this is a waste of paper, why don't you just make a FB event?" .
And you're friends with these people...why? ;)

Just kidding (mostly). An organization I'm with many years back switched to electronic invitations only, and participation plummeted. I took over with an amazing team, we went back to paper and saw participation (and membership) go through the roof. Some people...a lot of people...need that physical reminder in their hand. It's easy to ignore a FB invite or email.

These days, we do use FB as well as paper. Always find it interesting...the people who say they're coming on FB almost never show up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I always use paper invites too. I like to be creative with them and introduce the guests to the theme. Also I am one of the few people I know not on Facebook and I have no idea to to do an evite. I've used Party City custom printing the last two years and they came out great. This year I am going to use shutter fly and a photo of me and my dog with the dead me app for my zombie apocalypse theme.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I also line up on the side that loves paper invitations! I think our society gets too little "happy news" in the mail anymore, and it's a wonderful feeling to get something FUN in the mail for a change!

If you are able to do a regular Halloween party, I make the suggestion that you purchase a blank scrapbook type book that you can display your paper invitations in each year, maybe along with a guestbook of party guests, or some photos that you took of the event. It's a great way to keep & display them!

I do a Christmas card photo each year since my DH and I got married, and now we have kiddos in the pictures too. I've actually framed each card so I can display them at the holidays - it's a great way to see the years evolve! :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for confirming how I feel about them! I am definitely going to do paper invites. If you have made your own, could you share some photos of them?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts