Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to purchase a new fog machine. i would like the chauvet 1301. I just keep reading the reviews about them on amazon and really wonder if they are worth the money. I just do not want to waste money. please advise.

·
Registered
831 Posts
YES!!!!! I ordered 1 back in September. When I received it I wanted to try it out. It produces so much thick fog!! I was so pleased that I ordered a second one. I plan on building a chiller for it this weekend. Hope this helps!:)

·
redrum
990 Posts
I have a Chauvet 1700 and a 1400. I got the 1700 10 years ago and its still fogging up my neighborhood. The 1400 also works great and have had that for over 5 years. These are quality!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep reading that people are getting broken ones from amazon. they have to send it right back and hope for a good one when it gets back to them.. Is it worth putting an extend warranty on them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was in same boat last year and wish I would of pulled trigger on Chauvet 1301 sooner, it is awsome and cranks out the fog. Have been more than pleased, add chiller into the mix and you are set.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You'll want to invest in some Froggy's fog juice, either Freezin Fog (outdoor for use with a chiller to hug the ground) or Swamp Juice (which will cloud your ENTIRE neighborhood with this fogger). I made the mistake of using Swamp juice one year, and had to stop after 30 minutes because the street became a fog bank so thick that the ToTers couldn't see the sidewalk!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You'll want to invest in some Froggy's fog juice, either Freezin Fog (outdoor for use with a chiller to hug the ground) or Swamp Juice (which will cloud your ENTIRE neighborhood with this fogger). I made the mistake of using Swamp juice one year, and had to stop after 30 minutes because the street became a fog bank so thick that the ToTers couldn't see the sidewalk!
i have a gallon of the freezin fog. used it last year and it worked great expcept for the Kansas winds

·
Registered
831 Posts
I keep reading that people are getting broken ones from amazon. they have to send it right back and hope for a good one when it gets back to them.. Is it worth putting an extend warranty on them?
Both of mine were ordered on amazon. They were delivered in perfect condition. Both perform flawlessly. I had bought and returned those cheap Halloween store foggers. Once I purchased the chauvet 1301 I havent looked back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine worked great until it stopped working - one season:(
This is what I am worried about. If I want a fog machine to work one year i will purchase a new one from Spirit. It is a lot of money for one year. And of course that brings up the huge topic of cleaning and maintaing a fog machine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have 3 Chauvet 1800 Flex I bought from a police auction for $200 5 years ago. They came from the Ft. Lauderdale fire department. My guess is they were used for smoke training. I used them for 3 years before buying a new pump for 1. This year I decided to replace another pump because it was pumping al little low. They use the same pump as the 1300 and they are great machines. Just use Froggy's fog and you shouldn't have any problems. Each year I leave Bog Fog in mine and I have never had any problems. And when it comes time to clean, I run straight vinegar followed by fresh fluid. They run like champs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our Chauvet Hurricane released the 'magic smoke' last year and I don't mean the fog. :( it definitely cranked out the fog a few years before it tanked after a rogue mist hit our haunt a few hours before show time. When I invest in another Chauvet I'll definitely be making a weather resistant enclosure for it. Need to find a way to cover the vents that expose the electronics w/o compromising the cooling. Until then it's the cheap Spirit foggers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely worth it. I got mine from amazon over 3 years ago along with some froggy's freezing juice, it can easily fill the street with dense clouds. Havent had any problems with it. Comes with a timer which is usually sold separately.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i just placed the order on Amazon. Paid a little more then i wanted but that is alright i dont have to pay shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know the difference between the Chauvet 1301 and 1302? Should I avoid one for the other, or are they basically the same?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
They are AMAZING! I have the 1301 and the 1600, haven't used either yet, but I bought my dad the 1301 last year and its well worth the money. A lady from Froggy's Fog at Trans World last year said they're going to be discontinuing them shortly. I would assume they replaced it with the 1302. Make sure you buy Froggy's Fog fluid, I use the Bog Fog and its pretty dense.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i just received my new 1301s. Man are they big and heavy. you can just feel how much better made these are then the spirit foggers. I need to know one thing. does the tank come out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 1301 off Amazon (new) last month and just opened it today to test my cooler I built this weekend. it doesn't work. Called chauvet support, tried to prime with water, all for naught. Amazon gave me my money back and told me to keep it which means maybe I can fix it by replacing something but not by tomorrow night. :(

Opened it up and QC reads 11/16 so it had been sitting around for awhile I guess.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had probably a dozen fog machines. The 700w cheapie I bought at Walmart almost 15 years ago, still works. Other than that everyone except my Chauvet 1300 and 1000 have failed. The Chauvet's are well built, good values.

I tried one of those ~$200-$300ish chinese 1700w ground foggers. The first year it blew the internal fuse. The second year it seemed to work fine, other than the ground fog didn't work too well. (But I blame that on the cold weather, I've never been able to get fog to stay low as it's always in the upper 30's or low 40's here). This year the heater wouldn't kick on, something on the circuit board is broke. It's under "warranty," however they don't have the parts to fix it, and don't want to give me a whole new machine either. Hopefully, I can get them to give me a new one if I cover the shipping cost.

If they want me to put out much more money to get a new one since they can't get me parts to fix this, I'll just buy another Chauvet and try to jerry-rig this one. (How hard can it be? It's just a heater and a pump.)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts