Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to make an Arduino prop where a skull is lit by a single LED. Deep, slow breathing sound FX, and the LED dims and brightens with the breathing.

It's simple to control the LED in a breathing fashion with PWM...but I want to add the sound.

Has anyone done this?

Ideas?

Thanx!

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I have an LED FADER that adjusts from 1-8 seconds via an onboard pot. You could dial it in to match the timing of your audio. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think the only way to sync it properly is to have the sound clip as one breath and trigger the LED fade cycle each time you tell the file to play.

You'll still need to match the LED cycle time to the one breath (actually a smidge less than the audio file length), but at least it will always be in sync.

I've actually pondered something similar for a creaking sound on a rocking chair or swing, but in that case the sound would be triggered by the mechanism position on each cycle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've used the Adafruit Audio FX sound board and an Arduino to generate sound fx and control LEDs and a motor.

The Audio FX board has on board flash that you copy OGG or WAV files too and then name them based on the triggers and how you want it to run.

For my application I had one file that was background audio that played when T0 was low. As someone walked past a skeleton, the head would turn to look, the eyes lit up and then the background audio stopped and a random creepy audio sample was played when T1 was set low.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts