Halloween Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Jeez Louise! Foam? Beautiful work on the brick detail. And I just realized it matches the brick on your house! Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
that's amazing!! awesome work!!
beautiful work! I need to upgrade mine, severely
Very impressive!!!
Thanks everyone! I cant wait to get it finished for this year. Now that summer is winding down I should have some of my weekends back.

Here are a few more pics of the construction...

This shows how I connect the columns to each base that then sits on our permanent landscaping columns. I use four bolts that screw into each base. The empty space is where the pink foam is attached to the wood frame.

IMG_3067.jpg

This pic shows how I attached the trim to the middle and top "lids." The columns and the arch fit inside, as does the upper section that will have the name plate...still to be completed.

IMG_3231.jpg

This pic shows some of the tear down during the Dry-Lock stage. This shows the two bases, two columns and the upper section. The upper section has the two end caps and then two foam sheets that slide down to make the front and back. This is where I will mount the name of our yard haunt.

IMG_3483.jpg

Here is another shot while I was painting the bricks. This shows the inside of the columns (on its side) which houses a speaker system. I have backs that velcro on and complete the columns for a finished look. This also show another shot of the top section. The entire entrance is extremely light and bolts together to make it pretty darn sturdy for being so tall. Fully assembled and in place this thing stands over 11 feet tall!

IMG_3644.jpg

Again, thanks for looking and your awesome comments - sometimes, the time and energy spent can make me question my sanity. I am just glad that everyone here reminds me that I have none and I am not alone.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,154 Posts
Again, thanks for looking and your awesome comments - sometimes, the time and energy spent can make me question my sanity. I am just glad that everyone here reminds me that I have none and I am not alone.
Thank you again for sharing!

And don't worry too awful much about the whole 'sanity' thing. It's been my experience that is a term primarily used for the 'can't be done' or the 'shouldn't be done' crowd. That bunch would never have had the imagination or willingness to take on something like this.

Personally, I think 'sanity' is simply a kind euphemism for boring.
:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
wow wow wow!!....NEBRAKANEZER no doubt you make the best Halloween props ever!!...I'm still shocked of that archway....I seems it cames with the house plot!! hehehehe...really Incredible job!...I saw too the makin' of the tree and congratulations...awesome too!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
wow wow wow!!....NEBRAKANEZER no doubt you make the best Halloween props ever!!...I'm still shocked of that archway....I seems it cames with the house plot!! hehehehe...really Incredible job!...I saw too the makin' of the tree and congratulations...awesome too!
Thanks OHS, not sure what to say to the "best props ever" compliment, that really is something. I love this hobby as so many of us do - all I can say is everyday on this forum I definitely see some of the best props ever. Thanks again.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,730 Posts
Thanks everyone! I cant wait to get it finished for this year. Now that summer is winding down I should have some of my weekends back.

Here are a few more pics of the construction...

This shows how I connect the columns to each base that then sits on our permanent landscaping columns. I use four bolts that screw into each base. The empty space is where the pink foam is attached to the wood frame.

View attachment 163574

This pic shows how I attached the trim to the middle and top "lids." The columns and the arch fit inside, as does the upper section that will have the name plate...still to be completed.

View attachment 163575

This pic shows some of the tear down during the Dry-Lock stage. This shows the two bases, two columns and the upper section. The upper section has the two end caps and then two foam sheets that slide down to make the front and back. This is where I will mount the name of our yard haunt.

View attachment 163577

Here is another shot while I was painting the bricks. This shows the inside of the columns (on its side) which houses a speaker system. I have backs that velcro on and complete the columns for a finished look. This also show another shot of the top section. The entire entrance is extremely light and bolts together to make it pretty darn sturdy for being so tall. Fully assembled and in place this thing stands over 11 feet tall!

View attachment 163579

I know exactly what you mean by HF helping you not feel like you are crazy. I spent a week in my yard latexing a foam zombie head. It looked better with layers so I had to do a little more everyday. My neighbors would walk by and say you're still doing that! Then I come on here and see everyone elses work and I know someone out there gets it! gets me! You're work is fantastic and you should be very proud, you are an inspiration :) Cant wait to see your next project!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts