Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stunning! I remember seeing the tree thread and thinking how awesome those were. They look even better in the haunt scene. Looks like a move set. Well done!
Thanks jdubbya! I have always admired your haunt - you make the most out of the space you have. I especially like the height you add in your cemetery with the different tombstones. It makes it look much older, eerie and grande. That will be my goal.

That archway is top-notch, and a great fit for the home and yard....I'm sure the ToTs have to pause and think a bit before walking through that! ;)
Believe it or not we only get about twenty TOT's, but those twenty kids make it all worth it. Thanks for the nice words.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Love the props. I have been considering adding an archway to my columns for the past couple of years. I never considered the style you have. But I might have to make something similar this year?? I hope you don't mind if I kinda copy your design???

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm floored. You're so incredibly talented; the archway is beyond impressive, but man oh man, is that tree the show-stealer. I'd love to make one like it myself (more accurately--- I'd love to pay YOU you to make one for me :p) In all seriousness, I hope you're proud of this! You do extraordinary work!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Now you are just showing off....wow, rarely amazed anymore but now you've done it to me twice. Bravo dude, killer job.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Love the props. I have been considering adding an archway to my columns for the past couple of years. I never considered the style you have. But I might have to make something similar this year?? I hope you don't mind if I kinda copy your design???
I don't mind at all!!! I would be lying if I said that this was my creation to begin with - it is a compilation of many of the great concepts and props that I have seen over the years on this website. I never would have attempted anything this big, that goes for the tree too, if not for my fellow haunters. Keep me posted on your archway.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
And this isn't up all year, because.....?
I agree completely.
Thanks! The crazy part is I usually set my yard up a day or two before Halloween and take it down that same night. Our neighborhood is perfectly safe, I have just always tried to "read the room" with regards to my neighbors tolerance. They love what I do but (I think), so this year I am planning on setting it up a week before. But first I am also hauling all of my props camping and setting it up at our campsite - that should be interesting...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Man oh man that is beyond awesome!!! I can't wait until we buy our first home so that we can do some stuff like this! You should build and sell them!

·
Registered
706 Posts
NEBRAKANEZER,

AWESOME! I think this is one of the best archways I have seen. Looks like it was built with the house. Give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done!

Happy Haunting!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
NEBRAKANEZER,

AWESOME! I think this is one of the best archways I have seen. Looks like it was built with the house. Give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done!

Happy Haunting!!
Thanks that is a super compliment.

I have had some people ask for a tutorial but I never seem to have the time to do them. I did take a ton of pictures during the build process and I will post some more pics as I finish the gate and the name plate.

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Thanks! Here is the link to the thread for my tree http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/108311-tree-restless-spirits.html. And here are a few more pictures of my yard...

Ah yes, I remember that thread. Congrats, it came out beautifully! Glad to see your long term project paid off so well! :D You were the inspiration on the construction method I used on my tree stump here.

My full size tree is framed & chicken wire applied, but lol, it's likely to take as long as yours did! I can see why you spread it out over a couple of years. Expen-SIIIIVE!!! ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ah yes, I remember that thread. Congrats, it came out beautifully! Glad to see your long term project paid off so well! :D You were the inspiration on the construction method I used on my tree stump here.

My full size tree is framed & chicken wire applied, but lol, it's likely to take as long as yours did! I can see why you spread it out over a couple of years. Expen-SIIIIVE!!! ;)
Love your stump!!! I keep saying that I am going to make more trees for my haunt and these would be a perfect addition. Really cool!

Nebrakanezer - how heavy is the archway? And do you store it as is?
Incredible job.
I actually made it to tear down for storage. It is almost entirely made out of foam so it is extremely light. I took a lot of pics during the build and will try to post it this weekend so you can see how the whole thing goes together like a puzzle.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts