Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve experimented a little with Carlton’s AR dinosaur books that help bring various dinosaurs to “life” for the viewer. The 3D dino models can be rotated, change axis positioning and “grown” (enlarged) and the cool thing is you can have kids pose with the dino of their choice and capture a photo of them.

A dinosaur themed museum/lab/park has been on my drawing board for a few years and hoping everything lines up now for next year (whole yard haunt) when the next Jurassic World movie comes out. I’ve been toying with trying to add this AR photo op feature to my haunt. Thought I would share with people unfamiliar with what these can look like.

These dinosaurs and pteranodon are from Chris Barker’s “The Ultimate Dinosaur Encyclopedia”.

Jaw Extinction Snout Terrestrial animal Art

Dakotaraptor checking out our bed. Nightmares tonight!

Plant Twig Terrestrial plant Tree Creative arts

Pteranodon flying over the bed.

Hand Reptile Organism Lizard Finger

Holding an Allosaurus baby just created from the book. Were they ever this small?!

Extinction Jaw Wood Horn Fossil

Evidence that alien creatures were visiting Earth back as far as the time of the dinosaurs.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here’s the 4 AR books I have. The Jurassic World covers show photos with resized dinosaurs and humans. The Jurassic World books are limited in pages. The Barker’s book is quite educational, features more dinosaurs and includes some animated scenes. Barker is a palaeontologist, holding a BSc and MRes in Palaeobiology and Vertebrate Palaeontology.

Extinction Mouth Jaw Organism Carnivore

Dinosaur Art Reptile Font Poster

Extinction Vertebrate Dinosaur Jaw Terrestrial animal

Extinction Jaw Organism Dinosaur Adaptation

Before buying check out the OS and hardware requirements. I’ve used it with both my iPhone and iPad. The apps used are free to download.

While it would be nice to print out photos, too time and cost prohibited, I’m thinking about setting up a website kids can go to download theirs maybe.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those new to this, the books have special pages you scan with your device and the 3D AR models pop up on your device screen. App tools allow you to ie. rotate, get info, resize, and save to your photo album. There are YouTube videos you can watch to get a better idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts