Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Hope you had fun trying to create last month's recipe.

I now open the floor (kinda late I know) for any recipes we would like to try this month.

Any ideas???

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has some good recipes for doing stuff with the brain & hands molds. I'm gonna try & make Britta's recipe for her heart but I would like to make something different in the brain & hand mold. I also have a rather large skeleton mold.....does anyone have any ideas for that?

Muffy
I made a dip for my brain mold, very easy just cream cheese and salsa mixed.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
I'm waiting for our kitchen to be finished and hope to be participating in a month or two. In the meantime I'm interested to see what you guys are making.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,447 Posts
I made a panna cotta brain last year that was yummy - I'll see if I can find the recipe. Panna cotta is a hard custard like dessert. The one I made was flavored vanilla/cinnamon with a bit of red food coloring, and then after it was demolded, I put strawberry jam over it and the serving plate. It looked AWESOME and so gross, but tasted great.

I do have a suggestion that I've been playing around with. It is a really simple appetizer that is made out of the pre-made tubes of biscuit or creasant roll dough, breakfast sausage (some of them can be a bit too salty, so if it seems so, try a different brand) and cream cheese. You cook the sausage so that it is all crumbled, drain, add in a block of cream cheese, stir it around till melted and blend the sausage and cheese together really well. Then using the dough that has been rolled out into long rectangles, (mush the individual biscuits together and then roll out, or if using the cresents, smooth over the preforations so the dough stays together) put the filling down the center and then fold the dough over the filling. If you tweak the ends it looks like a long bone... then you bake it for 20-25 minutes (check the dough instructions). One roll of biscuits, one package of cream cheese and one sausage roll makes two "bones."

It looks just like a light gold femur bone, and the meat/cheese is the marrow. Slice it into 1-2 inch pieces and you've got a nice snack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts