Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year we decided to build Lee's Lei-Ya, which serves the best tail in town and Goldie's Loose Noose Alehouse. Obviously, Halloween is for the kids but our displays tend to be more adult theme. We built two Hula girls to be in the windows of the facade of the Lei-Ya. There isn't going to be, what I consider, inappropriate images. Just the two Hula girls and the sign.

Violence seems acceptable but illusions to sex may be one step to far.

It got me thinking about how far we could push the envelope without crossing the line. I don't think the kids will get or understand the double entendre of the Lei-Ya.

Just throwing it out there. How far is too far and have we crossed it?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Indeed it is so, that violence has become acceptable yet sex is still taboo. It's really unfortunate, since one is an act of hatred and the other is an act of love.

I think it would be fine as long as there were no explicit images that are visible from the street. The hula girls could have appropriate skirts and tops on, nothing suggestive, but no need to go for the turtle neck coverup. The double entendre's (I'm not even sure how to spell that) are about as far as you could go, as it would go right over the heads of the kids. Most adults would chuckle at it.

Any parents that don't approve of the scene, and I stress that it will be very few if any, will treat it as they would a haunt that is over the top in gore...if they feel it is innaproipriate for their kids, they will usher them past and go to the next house. Only the extreme ones will actually confront you and make an issue of it. But as long as you don't break any laws or codes, there is nothing much they can do about it.

Maybe you could even call it "Komona Wauna Leiya". :)

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,482 Posts
(totally agree about gore=okay sex=taboo... just watched "This Film is Not Yet Rated" and it was freaky how skewed things have gotten :rolleyes:)

I think your idea is really cute. I'd laugh at it, and not be offended (and let my kid if I had any TOT at your house).

You're not showing anything risqué - just slightly suggestive and I've seen stuff like that in PG movies all the time... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts