Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* UPDATE: Added "Gryphon Talons" & "Werewolf Tuft"

Hey guys, recently stumbled onto the site for the first time and have been blown away! I've spent probably thirty or fourty hours the past week poking around and getting inspired. I've never built Halloween props before but with all of the killer info aggregated here, I'm already well on my way to spicing up dollar store tombstones, corpsing a Blucky and designing my own apothecary jars!

I'm working on an entire arsenal of labels for jars, mostly to fit some ideas for contents/ingredients that I had but couldn't find anything suitable among the huge selection already being offered on these boards. I'd like to reciprocate and share them if anyone is interested. This is my first finished design, I haven't yet put together the high-res files that I will make available for download but wanted to get this out there in the meantime. Depending on your needs this may even print at a sufficient quality as-is, I haven't tested that yet. My plan is to print the designs on a light cardstock or heavy resume paper and age them using Tara's tea-stain technique, then seal with a matte acrylic spray before applying to the jars.

Feedback & suggestions are highly welcome!

"Cthulhu Spawn"
Contents: Star Anise (Mod Podge sealed to prevent seeds from dislodging during shakes of the jars; painted Cthulhu-green)

"Gryphon Talons"
Contents: No idea! Help!

"Werewolf Tuft"
Contents: Synthetic Halloween fur (Brown/Grey)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great job thank you so much for sharing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump for 2013!

Just saw the first Halloween decorations going into our local big box store yesterday, and realized it was nearing "that time..." I'm going to try and do a few more of these this year if I can find some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts