Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This might be the first time I've seen Halloween decorating advertised on TV nationally. I usually see candy and occasionally costumes -but not house decorations. I think it's a good sign! People might see it and think, "Oh, we're SUPPOSED to decorate!"

·
Registered
681 Posts
Good commercial, only bad thing I see is two people making it a competition. Sorry it isn't a competition to me and shouldn't be. That paret of it is giving the wrong impression and showing people that everything should be a competition.

·
Registered
14,263 Posts
Very "Tim the Toolman" competition-like, without the death defying aspect to it LOL. I saw it a week or so ago when it aired during one of my shows and just cracked up. Love it and glad they spent the funds this year to introduce a new commercial to entertain and lure us in to Party City. Certainly getting the attention from people so hitting the mark.

As far as making it a competition, it happens and I'm all for whatever helps get halloween out to the kids and promotes celebrating the holiday.

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,791 Posts
I thought it was about Party City trying to make a fun commercial with a catchy jingle which would bring attention to the products they sell. For me, it was more entertaining than 95% of the commercials I see on television.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Cool commercial. Thanks for posting!
In the Real World, I would relish the idea of competition. In my mind, my DIY props would DESTROY the neighbours store bought stuff. But we can only dream...

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
The next door neighbors usually just put out some stackable pumpkins but after 10 years of throwing our Halloween party they finally came to ours last year and now THIS year they put up a SPIDER WEB! I was like "oh...that's cute!" haha. No but in all seriousness I love it, I'm hoping we can get them to do more!

Also Party City's commercials this year are AWESOME.

I cried...is that normal??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts