Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm paranoid right now, because the forecast is calling for a 60% chance of rain. I don't think I'll set up my outside display if it's going to rain!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Our forecast keeps going from somewhat sunny with a few showers to rain. Fingers crossed. Don't have a lot of props that do well in the rain but still plan on putting it all out no matter what. Barring natural disaster of course.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,254 Posts
Yep I am set up in back yard for party buy we have had pouring rain last two days going to get wind Saturday and rain all next week my party is on 31 I have some of my big props inside cause font want wet or blown away this weekend think I am going to do some changing up my voodoo alter will stay where it is but think my witches will be coming inside and more going on patio and think fire pit is not going to happen ugh

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I expect wet weather the night of. So I've condensed my Spiderweb tunnel down into a spider nest that will be set up inside a pop up gazebo. Along with that, I'll be handing out candy under the garage eaves.

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
A month ago the Accuweather forecast for us started out with Rain, then cleared, then Rain, then cleared, then Rain as of a couple of days ago. Couldn't bear to look until tonight and it was showing clear, a bit colder than I'd like but I'd take that over rain which would more or less prevent me from setting up outdoors. I've been going crazy not knowing what the heck I'm doing. Have my theme and props lined up, final touches still to be done.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Yes! I got rained out last year. I put up a few things, and we had a handful of ToTs. I'm honestly afraid to look at the weather forecast...but I'm about to, anyway.

I just put my name in for a possible newspaper interview, and I don't have even 1/4 of my stuff out yet!

Edit: oh my gosh! rain one day that week, but not the 30th or 31st! I guess I really need to get my rear in gear!!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Not this year. The forecast has us at 56 degrees, partly sunny, and 10% chance of rain.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Saturday windy, sunday rain, monday snow....I can see the forecast through Thursday and its mostly sunny and 65. Since I don't wait until the last minute to setup, I committed to being up on Halloween a couple of weeks ago.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Rain? We don't get that here. ;)
We're in the midst of a record breaking drought that shows no signs of letting up anytime soon. Nope, no worries at all.

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For all of you that aren't seeing rain in the forecast your very fortunate. I'm jealous. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain. Just crossing my fingers it won't rain on the BIG day.

Reactions: Hilda and Saki.Girl

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
I hear you Cloak_Dagger.

Last three years we got a freak snowstorm 2011 (lots of damage), a hurricane 2012 (three weeks of set up, then Halloween was cancelled), and torrential downpour 2013 (only half our lights were on and it was so bad the soles of my shoes fell off).

Please Oh Please Oh Please... let us have a dry calm night this year!!!!! Please?!?!?!

·
Registered
600 Posts
As of now they say sunny the day of, high 67F .. 10% chance of rain, night of low 43F. So besides freezing my rear off we look good. Yes, I'm a whimp in the cold. Grew up in snow belt of Upstate NY, but have lived in NC for many years.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Oh no. Now I feel terrible wishing for no rain when others have drought. Sorry! :eek: :)
That's ok - we've been wishing for rain while others have been flooded! That's just the way it goes! ;)

Reactions: Hilda

·
The Haunting Girl
941 Posts
I've been stalking the forecast since last week. It's been between clear and light rain. I'm praying for clear weather since I have no where to retreat to if it does rain (no covered porch or garage at my house). Last year was the first decent year I've had in a while (like others I too had the snow and hurricanes), but it did rain a little. This year I'm hoping for perfect weather to go with the fact Halloween is on a Friday and maybe actually getting a decent number of ToTs.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
The forecast is a "bit" more reliable now but it still can change several times over the next week. The last two years were terrible in terms of rain, wind, cold, etc.. but we still did the haunt and still had fun. Just had to scale back on some animation and electric stuff. I'm guessing this year can't be any worse and right now it looks pretty darned good for us. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts