Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before , in fact I can remember reading things in the past but trying to find things can be overwhelming sometimes. But anyone out there that has Helsa from GR , what in the heck did you do with her hair??? why does she have dreads? But what I really need to know is if anyone has disconnected her hands from their fixed position ? if so can they be moved to new postions easily or does it ruin her arms? I don't really want mine in the hand clasp ( praying ) position but it isn't worth messing her up so I wanted to know if anyone has tried it ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't have Helsa (she's on my watch list) but I recently saw a thread indicating that some people were disappointed with her hair. Someone posted a great pix of Helsa with a dark brown or black wig - she was also kneeling down, sitting on her knees - pretty cool. I think they were happy once she had a wig on.

I'm not sure about her hands... sorry. Thanks for the info about her hair... I didn't realize she had dreads!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Helsa's on sale Monday only, 25%, see Coupon Discount section.

I have her and yes you can take her hands apart. She comes with fingers intertwined sort of and they are tied at the thumbs with fabric that is attached to her dress. I pulled her hands apart and took of the fabric holding them to the dress away. Her sleeve as I recall was kind of hot or cold glued to the dress as well to keep the arms up more or less. I carefully undid the glued area as well. She doesn't really have arms, it's just padded wiring more or less and you can always rig something to support the arms how you want for the most part (like clear mylon thread run thru the dress and around the neck or something like that). Not sure if she could be easily posed to have hands above head though.

I posted a few pictures in my album when I received her. Here's the page the photos are on. You can see her hair and how her thumbs are tied up. No she doesn't have the nicest hair. Kind of wiry or matted. I haven't done anything to it. I might put a cape on her and put the hood up or tie it back. You can work around it though and personally I wouldn't let it stop me from buying her. I think she's beautiful in a very moody kind of way. There aren't alot of female props out there and she's worth adding IMO.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers. GOS I already have her, It's just I bought her at the end of last year and didn't get to use her, didn't even unpack her. I opened her up for the first time the day I posted this question and was stunned by her hair. MIne doesn't look half as good as yours does as far as her hair is concerned. I knew how here hands were positioned but I was hoping I could disconnect them without issues. I'm going to try it and hope for the best.
thanks for that link GobbyG, I'm sure that was the thread Harley was talking about, its also the thread I remember seeing , so thanks I wanted to reread it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi there... any chance you think it would be okay if you brushed her dreads out? Just a thought... her hair in their online photo doesn't look too nappy. ;)

HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there... any chance you think it would be okay if you brushed her dreads out? Just a thought... her hair in their online photo doesn't look too nappy. ;)

HarleyQuinn07
Hey, She doesn't actually have dreads, I was just being snarky because her hair is awful , actually it looks like she has dreads that have already been brushed out! lol It is a frizzy mess, very thick fuzz. I don't think there is a fix for it except a wig , I'm just going to live with it I guess. I sort of smoothed it down the best I could.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bet its frustrating but you probably don't want to use a curing iron on her hair since she isn't intended to look "cute". LOL. Brush it out more and have her look wild or put some gel in her hair? I'm bummed that I saw your post, saw the 25% off yesterday and STILL didn't pull the trigger! I feel like I need 1-2 more standing props in my yard and was thinking about getting Helsa and Victoria from Grandin Road. And to think I was already upset after missing the 13% off on Friday the 13th! What is wrong with me!?!?

Seriously, are you happy with the buy? I was really looking forward to getting more life-sized props... and felt like she is a head on a pole... and what's with her fingers? Does she have any?

Thanks,
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Well if you want Helsa I would say look to pick her up this year. She and Victoria are the only returning props this year from last year and I have to wonder if this will be Helsa's last year.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ahhh, I thought so, thanks Ghost of Spookie! I noticed the stone people are back and that they used colors last year. There aren't many female life sized props around, ugh!

Thanks,
HarleyQuinn07

·
Registered
894 Posts
I bought her when she first came out before the plastic face and her nose is all squished now from storage. Very disappointed about that!

·
Registered
194 Posts
FYI, I ordered both Helsa and Victoria today (since I missed Helsa when she was on sale)... Victoria is 30% off today only. :D

I'll figure out what to do with her nappy hair... I'm sure it will be easy since I have to deal with mine everyday. :/

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FYI, I ordered both Helsa and Victoria today (since I missed Helsa when she was on sale)... Victoria is 30% off today only. :D

I'll figure out what to do with her nappy hair... I'm sure it will be easy since I have to deal with mine everyday. :/
lol I will be anxious to hear what you decide to do. Maybe this year they will have fixed her hair. It does seem the props have subtle changes from year to year. I got mine last year. I hope yours has nice flat ironed hair ! You will love Victoria , she is my favorite so far.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bet its frustrating but you probably don't want to use a curing iron on her hair since she isn't intended to look "cute". LOL. Brush it out more and have her look wild or put some gel in her hair? I'm bummed that I saw your post, saw the 25% off yesterday and STILL didn't pull the trigger! I feel like I need 1-2 more standing props in my yard and was thinking about getting Helsa and Victoria from Grandin Road. And to think I was already upset after missing the 13% off on Friday the 13th! What is wrong with me!?!?

Seriously, are you happy with the buy? I was really looking forward to getting more life-sized props... and felt like she is a head on a pole... and what's with her fingers? Does she have any?

Thanks,
HarleyQuinn07
Other than the hair I'm very happy with her. I mentioned in another response to you that I like Victoria the best. Her look is great! Her dress is full and covers the pole, her hair was ok, not perfect but much better than her poor step sister Helsa. With that being said, I do like Helsa and I think I've decided to leaver her hands in the postion they came in as well. The only other thing I have an issue with is her dress , the top half is full and you can't see through it but then the bottom half is just cheesecloth and you can see the pole, its good and long though. I don't regret either buy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was able to brush it out a little, but the may have changed her hair b/c I got the Woman in black this year and she has slick silky hair. Just wish they had added a mourning bonnet like in the movie...had to get one off of ebay

·
Registered
194 Posts
Houston Haunter: you are right, they may have changed her hair this year... I'm still waiting for her to arrive.

Lol, what movie is she from? I had no idea.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just took Helsa out of the box and I love her! I'm glad I got her. I'm okay with her happy hair, it works. I am however concerned that she leans forward... a lot... anyone have the problem or have a quick fix?

I'd post a pix if I knew how to upload photos to this site from my iPhone.

:D
HarleyQuinn07

1 - 20 of 20 Posts