Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in IL, and I have been working haunted houses for 7 years this will be 8th. I am currently employed at DoD (Dungeon of Doom). My girlfriend and myself will most likely end up moving to PA, so my question to you is what town would you say is the most active in spirit and community with Halloween. I am a fanatic and plan to be that neighbor who brings big haunts to families with my yard and maybe build a little haunted house out of our house.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The big haunted house location in eastern PA is "Field of Screams", which is literally in the middle of nowhere. Other than their haunt, the main industry there is corn. Lots of haunted houses and spirit elsewhere in PA, but they tend to be far enough apart that you could easily land in a "dead zone" filled with seventh day adventists who'd picket your home.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Craig is right about how easily you could land in a dead zone. The are around Philadelphia (Lehigh Valley) is what I know, and I would rate it high as an active Halloween area. You have Bates Motel and Easter State Penitentiary which are always in the top 10 nationally. Lots of "Agritainment" around as well with Hayrides and Corn Mazes. The Colonial history makes this area active in a legitimate way as well.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Eastern State is creepy even in July during the daytime. It's Halloween all year 'round there!

The other thing I should add is that it's easy to find a house here that is in an appropriate style for Halloween. MANY victorian houses in PA. Lots of old Colonials, too. If you look around, you can even find ones that are truly haunted...

You don't have to buy into a homeowner's community in most areas, which is good for those of us "extreme halloween decorators" (how I describe myself to those who don't use HF).

Craig

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
WOO HOO I say move to Pa maybe East Greenville, Pennsburg or even Milford Twp.
Come on some where close to me... I want to help....
To name a few I know I have been to more I just cant remember

1. Eastern State (Terror behind the walls) -Phila.
2 Bates Motel -Glens Mill
3. Shocktoberfest -Sinking Spring (Reading Area)
4. Valley of Fear -Bristol
5.Field of Screams -Lancaster

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oct-o-Squeezes

I just received my Oct-o-Squeeze from ehobbytools.com Inc and found out that there was never a mechanical problem but a decoration problem that has been fixed.

I can't believe how great it works and runs. The down side of this product is that you don't get the outer box - but who cares:):)

·
Registered
776 Posts
WoW you have no lack of Happy Halloween Towns to choose from here in lovely Pa. I like my town but thats mostly because we usually have trick or treat a day early allowing me to go else where on halloween
Any thing around Philadelphia will put you within range Nj, De, even Ny

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
If you haunt it they will come.

I live in a VERY rural area of PA. Before I started my haunt, MAYBE 25 TOT's would ring the doorbell. I've been doing my haunt for years now and I expect about 250 this year. That is as many kids as in a typical graduating class for the areas only High School!

Wherever you land, you'll bring Halloween with you! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts