Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there watching CBS's "Harper's Island"? It premiered last week and airs on Thursdays. People come to the island for a wedding and one by one they meet their fate.

Near the end of last week's episode they had this guy going across a wooden bridge and it broke with him falling partially through. While he was dangling there, he heard a noise and was subsquently cut in half. If you like horror movies like this, I thought it was pretty gross. Guess that might be a good rating?

Here's the CBS website for the show: Harper's Island - CBS.com

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I thought it was really neat too. I have only seen one episode but it seemed to weird! I loved it.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harper's Island moves to Saturday night, starts 5/2

BTW the fourth episode "Bang" will air this Saturday, 5/2, 9 pm ET/PT. I thought I had missed it this week but saw that the day (and maybe the time) had changed--I think Saturdays will probably be a better night for it. Thursdays are always so crowded with programming I always have a hard time deciding what I can watch and record and what I'll have to miss.

I love the episode names: Whap, Crackle, Ka-Blam, Bang, Thwack, Fwhoopt...

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
I've been watching it too. I sort of feel like it started off really good (i.e. the guy under the boat, Harry Hamlin & the bridge) but each week I feel it's getting lamer and lamer. I will probably keep watching it just to find out who the killer is, but is it me? or does it seem like they are adding more characters as the weeks go by...they kill one, add another. I dunno, my consensus so far is "ehh"

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,078 Posts
Tonight's episode just bugged me. I liked the shotgun trap in the motor boat and the flash of the dead guy (nice corpse work there) but the sub plot of the chubby beer guy needing money so bad that he'll rob a dead body and then leave his friend for dead after an accidental shooting? Meh... just seems so overdone and cheesy.

I may watch the episodes if I am bored, but I'm not making an effort to record them since they are doing some really trite sub-plots.

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Frankie's Girl: You totally nailed it w/ "Mehh"...the guy leaving his best buddy for the $$....come on! I hope the next episode is better or I may have to leave Harper's Island for dead. Such a shame, b/c the concept is good. The acting kind of stinks as well. And is EVERY female on Harper's Island 5'10 and 100 lbs? They could have hired an actress or two with a different look. I have trouble telling one character from another.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Aren't they all Cassidys, as in daughters of the Partridge family guy? Maybe that's why they all look alike!
That's pretty funny about the episode names- hopefully next weeks episode will be closer to the first ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts