Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
Watched some of it, DVR'd it all, & read all the books too. From what I saw it seems as though they're sticking pretty close to the book but I only caught bits & pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My husband and I caught the first 5 episodes. We were blown away. The special effects and the story line were great. Did not know about the books. We were just looking for something different and we found it.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
The books were good. I waited until they all came out before reading them all. They read like they were meant to be made into a movie, mini-series or TV show. That's not a complaint, Stephen King can read like that sometimes, just an observation.

They are, in order, The Strain, The Fall, & Night Eternal. Even those titles are a bit of a spoiler for the series but it's not like you can't find out the titles easily. I'd pass them on to you but I already donated mine to the elementary school last year for their book sale.

So far they're being faithful more or less.

It's just so nice to see ridiculously scary vampires again & on a basic cable channel to boot!! Del Toro makes great creatures & he has not failed us with this show. Even if you hate the show you gotta love the creatures. They also actually use the word "vampire" too which is a nice change.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Heard this got renewed for a second season & that Del Toro wants it to go 5 seasons. Be great if we can get more of the great character development & action from the books. Still enjoying it in all its campy goodness, & agree RCIAG, good to see some real horror on TV.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Love it! It is one of my favorites. I hope they keep up the momentum. I heard the books are killer, so I hope they let Del Toro run with it.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
I'd forgotten about this bit, a commenter at EW reminded me of this & it's a spoiler so I'll give some room here:

The Hunters that show up and kill Joan are making a much earlier appearance then they do in the book. They are the progeny of the other six masters and led by Mr. Quinlan, a half-human hybrid of the Master and outside his control. Mr. Quinlan is 2000 years old and dedicated to killing his father.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
I've been binging on the Simpsons marathon & then I watched The Strain & had some seriously effed up dreams. I should know better, binge watching always does that to me. Doesn't matter if it's Orange Is the New Black or The Simpsons, they all get into my subconscious in the end.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,472 Posts
So.

We lost Samwise.

Sucks for him.

Oh, the dude with long white hair behind him in the Kwik E Mart? Rick "best damn ape maker ever" Baker. THE Rick Baker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Baker_(makeup_artist)

Still lovin' this show. This episode had a very "The Mist" vibe to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts