Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to hit Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando Friday night September 27; anyone want to meet up?

My wife is not into it and we have a 14 month old so I am going by myself at the moment and thought that there might be others from the forum who might be going around the same time.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was in Orlando on vacation last year. I attended my first HHN at Universal. I enjoyed the houses although some weren't as scary as others. However, the detail on each house that I went in was amazing. Their street experience where they have scareactors on the street trying to scare people was rather disappointing IMO. Most of the scareactors I encountered on the street acted like they didn't know how to scare people. They would just stare at you and that's it. Although I did have these 3 guys dressed like ancient warriors trying to block me but I managed to get around them. I still had a good time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Is Finnegans in the park or something near by?
Finnegans is in USO. It's the Irish restaurant in New York where the blues brothers usually perform - and where they usually wrangle everyone to wait who does stay and scream. We're going 9/20 and 9/21

Have fun!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was in Orlando on vacation last year. I attended my first HHN at Universal. I enjoyed the houses although some weren't as scary as others. However, the detail on each house that I went in was amazing. Their street experience where they have scareactors on the street trying to scare people was rather disappointing IMO. Most of the scareactors I encountered on the street acted like they didn't know how to scare people. They would just stare at you and that's it. Although I did have these 3 guys dressed like ancient warriors trying to block me but I managed to get around them. I still had a good time.
Last years "street experience" was new - first time they tried it like that. Usually they do "scare zones" where only that section had scared and everywhere else was "safe".

We went opening weekend and it rained - so of course no scare actors out. 2nd day no rain but hardly any scare actors. Later on in the event I heard it got better

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:) This will be my second time attending HHN, and it is SO worth it. The last time we had an amazing guide and she was a "Halloween" person so we bonded and she gave my husband, my best friend and myself all the best seats and kind of looked out for us over the rest of the group. I am SO excited for this year!:D (Not that it scares me, but I agree, the makeup and set decorations are very elaborate and I love to "borrow" ideas for my own haunt.);)

·
Registered
76 Posts
We (me and bigant) just got back. Did friday and Saturday. Highly enjoyable. I'll try to post my thoughts later when I get a chance to sit and reflect. American werewolf in London was my top house this year.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cannot compare to years before, this was my first visit, but I liked it a lot.

I think I liked Cabin in the Woods best, then American Werewolf in London. Evil Dead was a nice set and the Walking Dead was good also.

The walking Dead stuff on the streets in general was pretty cool too.

The lines were killer, if I go again I am doing fast pass for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts