Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I give out treat bags as well as some big toys and games, I decided to use these days at home to wrap the boxed toys and make up a tray of 60 treat bags sans candy. This way, the kids won't know what's in the boxes and won't spend forever and a day choosing.

Will also cut all the ribbons I'll tie the treat bags with complete with spider rings already attached. I usually hit the after-Easter clearance candy sales at Walmart for any non-Easter packaged candy every year (i.e Skittles, Nerds, Sixlets, Crabby Patties). Not sure if that will happen this year, but at least I won't be scrambling on that rare day off this fall.
What about you?
Some of this year's toys:-->
Toys 1.JPG

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
I'm currently working on some Easter mache stuff but once I'm done with that, it's on to Halloween stuff. I'm also cleaning & purging a crap ton of stuff, holiday stuff included.

We've got to put in a new water line so that's been a big impetus to move, purge, & donate stuff. There's might even be a few things to sell but I'm a long way from that right now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Not having a commute time to get home means I have a little more time to work on creating hand molds. They take forever to build (lots of time between steps) but I hope to have them done in time to start pouring this weekend and getting some materials ready for the "severed hand candle holders" I need this year.

I still hope to figure out a use for some of the raw materials I have on hand, even if the prop is time consuming (normally that is a big problem, maybe not for a few weeks).

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
I still hope to figure out a use for some of the raw materials I have on hand.
I was just discussing this with my husband. Whether it's a recipe or craft I wanna make, there's always that ONE ingredient or thing you just don't have & normally you'd just go to the store & get it but now it's just not worth it & I don't wanna wait for Amazon for 2 days (or more depending on what's in the warehouse).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love that you give out gifts like that. I love giving out nice things, and every year I am challenged to find something different I can afford to get 100 of.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love that you give out gifts like that. I love giving out nice things, and every year I am challenged to find something different I can afford to get 100 of.
I can't afford 100 - or even 50. But I am always on the lookout for bargain toys. Most of what you see in the picture I got at a Big Lots January remodel/clearance sale. All the toys were half off and I had a coupon for another 20% off purchase. Nothing was more than $2.80 except for the tarantula that I couldn't resist and will probably keep and use as a gag in my haunt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The kids are going to love going to your house. Your keeping Halloween a wonderful time of the year!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,605 Posts
Most of what you see in the picture I got at a Big Lots January remodel/clearance sale. All the toys were half off and I had a coupon for another 20% off purchase.
That's the way to do it. Buy stuff on sale all year or in after-whatever-holiday sale.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I was just discussing this with my husband. Whether it's a recipe or craft I wanna make, there's always that ONE ingredient or thing you just don't have & normally you'd just go to the store & get it but now it's just not worth it & I don't wanna wait for Amazon for 2 days (or more depending on what's in the warehouse).
True. I just refilled my stash of hot glue sticks (was down to a single mini stick) but there are so many things I would like to work on if only I had .... X. Mainly I wish I had some props at the fun stage, where its just painting and distressing and stuff. Everything is at the hard stage now, where I am still figuring things out like wiring plans, where to put parting lines on molds, etc. I don't want to work, I want to play, darnit. Last night I thought about the next steps on current projects and said, "Nope, I'm going outside to clean some garden beds". Hopefully I'll have more mental energy after work today.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm among the many who suddenly are working from home, so I have extra time to plan and prep (no longer driving an hour and a half round trip to get to work really makes a difference!). We hold monthly meetings anyway to prep, so this month we tackled making dummies and organizing supplies. We also wrapped up a St Paddy's Day fundraiser for our haunted trail. Hoping to hit some inspiration to get more done! If the weather was warmer, I could pull everything out of the Halloween shed and re-organize that.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I feel like I should be working on something - and I came to HF today to get some inspiration. But so far, I don't have anything going.

I DID clean out the garage last weekend and put up some shelves for Halloween storage... so that's progress. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
We’ve been working from home (if you want to call it that) for the past week since all non-essential businesses here are closed. But, this is finally giving me time to work on our “big new plan” of a small dark ride for the garage. In the past week I’ve managed to get one ride buggy roughed in as well as fabricate almost all of the track. It’s been an exercise in using what I have in supplies (some of the specific items I had been accumulating over the past year) but I’m attempting to not have to leave home to buy materials. It’s a fun challenge!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,964 Posts
I kinda got off super lucky on this deal compared to most people, who are either forced to work or forced to stay home. My work is still operating so I still have my regular pay coming in. The way our shifts work we work 12 hours - 4 nights, 3 days, 3 nights, 4 days, then have 8 days in a row off every month. Just by chance I had put in for a weeks vacation following my 8 days off this month back in January. So as of Wed this week I'm off for 14 days, which will give me time to both quarantine long enough to be sure I am not currently infected and give me a nice long stretch to work on some things. I go back to work on April 8th without missing any pay (as long as I have not shown symptoms by then). I've even lucked out by having already purchased 2 gallons of latex, 12 cans of great stuff, and a bunch of other supplies last month so I don't need to go out for anything! I'm set! I can't really say I'm using the time for working on projects though because I'm ALWAYS working on projects.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts