Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey As some of you know I am really trying to bring are haunt to the next level and at the same time trying to open a new business opportunity... I was wondering if anyone out her have been too or operate a large Inflatable haunt like the ones from here Inflatable Haunted Houses - Scair Structures or these at Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Halloween Props & Halloween Animatronics at HauntedProps.com in the Inflatable Haunted Houses section. Now my theme is a prison so I am thinking that these structures could be a really easy and great way for us to run are haunt..

I am hoping to get all the info I can on these products both good/bad so if anyone know the littlest of info on these would be great thankz....

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Good Luck scaring anybody with inflatables. Try talking to a Garden Center about using their facilities for a Commercial Haunt. Big open areas, power in place, out of the weather, and basically shut down for the winter.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this isn't one of those kiddie inflatables and we have come up with a way for great scare in there also would be easy to theme to any liking..

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Maybe I misinterpreted your intent. Used wisely, you could scare the Dickens out of anyone. If the Inflatable is used as a "front" to lull patrons into a false sence of security.
We'll be using a similar ploy next year. A Puppet Show. LIttle sock-puppets of Frankenstien and Dracula, maybe a Barbie Doll. After a few seconds watching the "Show". I expect the viewers to relax, maybe comment on how lame the thing is. And then we drop the rear curtain to reveal a half dozen scare actors behinmd it. Strobe Light, loud music, oh, yeah, that'll get 'em.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe I misinterpreted your intent. Used wisely, you could scare the Dickens out of anyone. If the Inflatable is used as a "front" to lull patrons into a false sence of security.
We'll be using a similar ploy next year. A Puppet Show. LIttle sock-puppets of Frankenstien and Dracula, maybe a Barbie Doll. After a few seconds watching the "Show". I expect the viewers to relax, maybe comment on how lame the thing is. And then we drop the rear curtain to reveal a half dozen scare actors behinmd it. Strobe Light, loud music, oh, yeah, that'll get 'em.
Oh, I like your style.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i think the inflatables are very vivid and would draw people. they would work excellant for an entrance to what lies behind. but i haven't used one or know of someone who has so i don't know how they hold up. curious to see what you come up with for answers. if i could afford one i probably give one a try.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Other than they get beat up very easily (after seeing how beat-up one in the neighborhood and the one in a "Halloween USA" store got after one season) I'd say they'd be fine as a front leading into another scare. Be careful attaching anything to them; that material tears easily!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes....but the smaller store bought ones are not made of tough material the company that makes this make large bouncer's and carnival games there built to last and can take a fair bit of punishment. We have a great idea for them, and want to create scare boxes for them that could house several scare both mechanical/actor. We think with 2 of the large scare structures and and the claustrophobia Walls in the middle to join the 2 it would and up giving us over 2000 sq feet to haunt not including graveyard and facade. I am still waiting for a response from Scair Structures tho and don't know what the hold up could be...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Probably similiar to the inflatable structures made for paint ball. Im sure those are built to take a fair amount of beating. I guess the only suggestion I could provide is that if I was to invest money into something that is going to be such a big part of my haunt that I would probably want a first hand walk through before buying.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It would really depend on the theme to me....It's going to be hard to pull off a haunted mansion type theme I would think but if you plastered the inside with camo netting...That would get rid of the balloon walls and give people LOT's of hidding places and make it more realistic....I'd also be concerned with how loud the blower is or air rushing through the thing....That could really be a distraction....I'm sure with careful research and planning...It could work...Talk to others that have used them to get an idea what worked and didn't ...Pros and Cons......Figure out TOTAL cost and a tent may be a better solution...Or trailers maybe?....Good Luck!...ZR

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would be more worried about someone taking out a knife or something like that and cutting it up or putting holes in it, then what? SHOWS OVER!!!!!!!!

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Yeah, morbituary, unfortunaltely, the "Jerko Sapiens" factor really steps up on Hallowe'en Night. That's definitely something to consider if one wants to use inflatables...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts