Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a KB toy store that still had some halloween items on the shelves and they had lots of bags of stretchable dirty webbing. It is sort of a brown/white mix. Has anyone used it and have pics to show? I debated for a long time on whether to buy it because I just couldn't imagine it looking good but now I wonder if it would work for an old dusty corpse.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I used to work in basements

And dirty webs do exist.
The worst ever were in the upstairs of a house where no housekeeping ever took place, the webs were not only very old but full of cooking grease too! Black, slimey and oh-so nasty!

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Did it look like the webs in the haunted mansion? I loved the look of these and I was really noodling how they did that. Here's an explanation I found at a Haunted Mansion secrets page:

The dust and cobwebs which fill the attraction are regularly replenished. Webs are spun on using rubber cement. The webs are then dusted (as are much of the furniture and walls) with a substance called “Fullers Earth powder.” The webs are quite powdery and loose to the touch.

I'm willing to do this but if what you found looks close enough it would probably be a lot cleaner :)

Here's a picture of one of the Haunted Mansion's dirty webs:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I haven't really seen dirty webbing before. the only types I've seen were white and glow in the dark, the former of which I use. I would definately use the dirty variety, if I saw it. it adds a bit of spookiness that amps up the ambience factor.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had planed on using regular white webbing and either dying it gray or misting it with grey paint after it was stretched out. Were the dirty webs the same price as the "tidy whitey's"?
I think they were regularly priced at .99 but the store is going out of business and things are being clearanced. I was going to go back today and get some but we had an ice storm so I'll try wednesday. I'll let you know what I find out!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it look like the webs in the haunted mansion? I loved the look of these and I was really noodling how they did that. Here's an explanation I found at a Haunted Mansion secrets page:

The dust and cobwebs which fill the attraction are regularly replenished. Webs are spun on using rubber cement. The webs are then dusted (as are much of the furniture and walls) with a substance called “Fullers Earth powder.” The webs are quite powdery and loose to the touch.

I'm willing to do this but if what you found looks close enough it would probably be a lot cleaner :)

Here's a picture of one of the Haunted Mansion's dirty webs:

These are the regular stretchy bags of webbing but with a chocolate/vanilla swirl to them like icecream...lol! It says on the bag the more you stretch them the better it looks. I wonder why they aren't mixed with a grey color instead of brown..hmmm? I'll let you know how they look when I buy some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts