Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
Well, I have only been with my new occupation for about 2 years now. And only recently I have been taking about 2 days off of work for Halloween.

Next year, I might take the full week. I do see an extreme benefit with it

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I usually do- but success has gotten in the way! I have a business where clients ask for me personally- and this year has an embarrassment of offers. Darn!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
7,106 Posts
I was just told I have to work on Halloween...even though it falls on one of my days off. I told them I would work in the morning, but not the afternoon. They know Halloween is my day, too, yet they still decided I had to work. It was very unlike them to do this...I'm rather upset. Sigh. Oh well. Thankfully, I don't have a huge haunt to set up like some on here do...my decorations and graveyard display have been up for awhile. I only have a few things I add on the actual day and some extra lighting things. As long as I have time to get home, get last minute things ready, eat and change into my costume, I suppose...I wold have liked to enjoy the whole day, though...

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,130 Posts
Yep, I'm off the rest of the month at the close of business on Friday, and looking forward to a week of watching Halloween themed movies, carving jacks, and generally getting the rest of the yard up to snuff.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Friday at 5:00...;)

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts

I'm REALLY looking forward to Friday at 5:00...;)
Now that you are looking forward to it, it'll end up being horrible because you will stare at the clock as it goes....Tick....Tock......Tick..........Tock........................Tick............................................................Tock....................................................................................Tick...............................................................................................................................................................................Tock

haha

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,163 Posts
I usually take the week off of my party to set up completely. This year I took off additional 2 days - boy I was thankful I did. Day of party - all I did was cook baked ziti and get my costume /makeup on along with my sons and hubby
I would be a nervous wreck if I hadn't taken those days!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am taking Halloween day off but don't have enough time to take more than that currently. I'm just happy I don't have to work the day of! 3 day weeeekend!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I plan on taking Thursday and Friday off. I hope to have 50% or more done this weekend or at least ready to go for quick installation. Hopefully, I can finish all loose ends on Thursday. I was working on stuff all the way to 7pm last year as the kids started walking down to my house. I have no intention of putting that kind of pressure on myself this year.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I usually take Halloween and the day after off, but I will have to work most of Halloween because Friday is my busy day and I can't dump everything on my assistant. I'm going to get my in front of the garage photo op ready the night before and carve my pumpkins. The only good thing about working on Halloween is that I get to wear a costume. I'm jealous of all of you with multiple days off!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
9 days off starting Sunday. I normally take two weeks off but with it falling on a Friday, having the week of off gives me ample time to get everything done, then torn down/packed away afterwards.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts