Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (yes Labor Day) my Son brought a couple of friends over and we move all of the "haunt wood" from the side yard storage to the driveway. We are having VERY unusuall high humidity plus high temps and I felt very fortunate to have the help getting the 2 x 4s organized in front of the house. But, there was no stopping them. They helped me dig the post holes for the front "4 x 4 anchors" and then insisted on geting some of the basic frame work up. Since my Son started college, I ususally do all this myself over the second weekend - next weekend. I swear, if someone doesn't complain to the association this year, I might have to do it myself in order to retire from all of this work. Guess we'll see how this year goes.

Hope everyone has a great season!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Started my indoor décor today! Went to spirit Halloween and bought new stuff! show pix of your décor this year when your done.

·
Never try to eat a zombie
778 Posts
I wish :( I am so far behind w/ my prop building and decorations... thx to being in court almost every other day(custody battle)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have started on my first walkthrough haunt in my garage. I just know if its gonna be too small, but Im gonna give it a go anyways.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've had my fireplace decorated for almost a month and Monday started putting up outdoor decor. I always start putting up outside decor Labor Day weekend that way by the time I get everything setup I can enjoy it all of October.

I know the fireplace was a little early but I was just so darn excited! :D

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have started on my first walkthrough haunt in my garage. I just know if its gonna be too small, but Im gonna give it a go anyways.
Don't mean to butt in, but a few years ago, I changed my walk thru Haunt into more of a twisting, turning, zig zag path while keeping the props on one side only as the TOT walk through. We kept the path pretty narrow (18"-22") with black plastic covering 1 3/4" foam walls 8 ft high. This makes for a longer path and scarier because of the tight spaces. Most TOT come out and say they can't believe the path they just took was thru such a small area in front of our house. It's narrower than a single car garage in the section that has the most turns. FWIW

·
Registered
229 Posts
going to start in the next day or two. I have to complete several props still and lay out my walk. Really, I'm not even close to ready. I hate being limited on funds to make it all work. I had planned to spend a couple of hundred dollars on materials this year and have only spent about 20 on paint and foam so far. but I'll make due with what I have and try to get it all to work out.

·
The Haunting Girl
854 Posts
I put out a few decorations on Sunday since I had to work on Monday. Of course the inside work for the windows is starting now. The outside work usually begins around October 1st depending on my work schedule. I am really far behind on prop building though, because I've just been completely demotivated after the past two years (the snow storm and Sandy). I was actually looking to build some kind of walk through this year, but that project was scrapped because I just don't know what is going to happen this year.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Couple scarecrows over late summer, designs for 3-4 more. Had planned on doing cemetery all year and just wasn't into it when it came time to buy the materials. Getting some cornstalks donated and will build off that once I see the amount I have to work with this weekend. May do partial walkthrough using corn. Retooling the bodies of last years witch coven, doing some of the props I drew up designs for last year and never got to to....spell book, broom hitchin post, witch house (maybe). Right now I'm moving on with some zombie designs I'd been playing with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts