Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I'm new to this site.

I'm always looking for my tribe, hence why I took the chance to write.

I'm not the usual Trick or Treater, I'm way over 30 and I live in the Caribbean. Halloween is not a popular event for most people. I love the season. I love what It stands for and the fact that you can be you, and also someone else at the same time.

I believe in the lore and the tradition and love the whole idea of the veil lifting and the supernatural becoming a part of our mundane world. I make most of my own decorations...I love Jack O lanterns and the lights. It's grown to most of my house.

Many people think I'm strange -which where I am from is a good thing.

But I believe in being yourself. Life is too short to be anyone else.

I also like the d fact that it is a holiday you can spend alone and you don't feel left out if you do not have a family or a significant other.

It's all about the things that go bump in the night.

It would be a gift to meet people who love the season like me and try to keep a part of it alive all year round.

The world is a scary place ...365 days a year...so Halloween is just the best of it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi!
While I'm not alone on the spookiest day, I'm choosing not to have anyone else coming over!
I keep some of my decorations up all year round!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,078 Posts
Welcome! ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!!

It's a good feeling when you find your tribe. Just remember you don't have to read all the forum in one night. Space it out or otherwise you'll be up for days!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! ONE OF US!! ONE OF US!!!

It's a good feeling when you find your tribe. Just remember you don't have to read all the forum in one night. Space it out or otherwise you'll be up for days!!
Hello, Thanks for the response. Where are your pics? Have you decorated as yet? What are you doing for the season?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!
While I'm not alone on the spookiest day, I'm choosing not to have anyone else coming over!
I keep some of my decorations up all year round!

I keep a jack-o-lantern in my room all year round.. If I could maybe my decorations up for Christmas as it really came from hallowee, I have no yard which is sad so its all on the inside.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome! I agree with "the world is a scary place and Halloween is the best of it". It's best to like what you like and be happy. I find ways to celebrate Halloween year round with Halloween music online, crafts/painting Halloween themed items and pumpkin flavored food whenever I want, not just in October 🙂

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,368 Posts
Welcome Lokai! This halloween will be a weird one. It's my daughter's first "real" halloween (she was not quite one year old last year, and Halloween was cold and rainy) but with covid, we're limited on trick or treating. I'm also going through a divorce, and while it's amicable, I don't know exactly how Halloween will go. But I'll be able to spend some time with my daughter and that's all I need. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, It is nice to meet you. Halloween is what is -anything can happen-It is the special Halloween year- 2020 but with COVID there are limitations as you said. I'm glad we can still have it. It great you have t your daughter to spend it with. take pics!
Weird is always good!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
welcome Lokai , Happy Halloween , your never alone when you a member of the forum , theres always someone online hope you still enjoyed the day , covid or no covid , Best regards from England U.K.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wow, I love the way you think! This is exactly how I feel about Halloween. I'm 37 years old now and still love Halloween. I still remember trick or treating, being scared by people's haunts, seeing peoples costumes, walking in the night, looking up at the sky and seeing the moon. The crisp in air, just dressing up and being scary. I always watch horror movies and love anything creepy and gothic! I'd love to become your friend!

Reactions: dane82
1 - 15 of 15 Posts