Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well QVC's halloween is over with for the most part. Does anyone know when HSN will be doing their halloween presentation? HSN carries Grandin Road and Improvements Catalog products and I've enjoyed HSN's presentations in the past.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I enjoyed the HSN Halloween show last year even more than the QVC. I thought HSN had better prop offerings last year than QVC. That may have something to do with why QVC added Spirit props this year.

Anyways, I've been watching HSN's website schedule and nothing about Halloween yet but they only post their programming one week out. Last year they did it right around the first day of fall so there could be something coming up within the next week or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found it. The HSN Haunted House has a number of hours scheduled over at least a three day period, Sept. 20-22.
Check your time zone on the HSN website - some of these things are listed for late at night or the wee hours of the morning.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
thank you. I found an older show "Haunted houses" on there, but not any new ones. Where are you seeing the schedule at?

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you. I found an older show "Haunted houses" on there, but not any new ones. Where are you seeing the schedule at?

They do have a schedule of programs posted on HSN's website (be sure to set your time zone!). First show "Haunted House Presented by Grandin Road" starts early on Sunday, 9/20, at 5am ET/2am PT. Looks like shows run for 3 days so far (schedule only goes to Tue, 22nd so far).

·
Registered
14,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Halloween Shopping via HSN/QVC shopping networks

For newbies or anyone who haven't watched online marketing shows like this, here's an explanation of what to expect. I watched the Grandin Road presentation last year. It's done in the same format as QVC's TV shopping shows. Make no mistake about it, these are Shopping Network programs. You might get some decorating ideas from the show as the sets are usually done up kind of nicely. But it's really about product demos and selling to you, not decorating your haunt exactly.

Grandin Road, is one vendor who will be doing halloween presentations, and has a catalog (print and online) that has some nice halloween items. The show features selected items, usually 5 or so an hour. They spend quite a bit of time talking about the product, demo-ing it; you can call in and order it or order it online. It helps to have an account already set up. Sometimes the products are available to order online before the show. Sometimes they are presented for the first time on air and the website will be updated when the product is aired. Some of the products will be limited in quantity and will go fast. Once sold out halloween items may not be restocked. Remember shipping and handling isn't included in the item price.

I think items from Improvements Catalog (affiliated with Grandin Road) will be included in the shows.

BTW HSN and QVC marketing shows are carried on cable and satellite. If you don't get this on your TV you can watch them online on your computer. Look for the Live TV link on the website. If you live in an area that doesn't have a lot in the way of halloween merchandise in your stores, this might be a great way for you to see and buy some items.

Here's some handy links:
HSN halloween section: Halloween Decorations - Home Decor at HSN.com

Grandin Road Catalog's online halloween section from their site: Halloween Decorations, Outdoor Halloween Decor, Halloween Costumes - Grandin Road

Improvements Catalog's online halloween section from their site: Outdoor Halloween Decor - Halloween Yard Art - Improvements Catalog

This concludes your tutorial of cable/satellite TV shopping for halloween! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts