Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preferably small, inexpensive rubber ones? I bought a floor candleholder that to me, looks like a bird perch. I'd like to make a bat perch out of it, and keep it near the front door.

I could "fold" and glue a flying bat, but if there are sleeping bats for sale somewhere, that would be quicker.

Thanks!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Haven't seen any in stores this year so your gluing idea might be the best bet. See Spirit is out of stock on their $16.99 upside down hanging rubber bat with folded wings but still has an upside down hanging rubber bat with unfurled wings for same price.

·
Registered
454 Posts
In for answers

Reactions: LairMistress

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like those, but I need something that's about the size of the rubber Dollar Tree/Walgreens bats. This is the perch. I don't know what it's really supposed to be. I realized after I posted, that I have a couple of those battery op flying bats that don't fly anymore. Maybe I can fanagle one of those onto it. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I've been searching for small hanging bats for months. In fact, pursuit of them is what led me to quit lurking and sign on here!
I found huge hanging bats, and small flying bats, but no small hanging bats. I finally decided I'd have to make my own, and I came here hoping for any advice from people who had made their own. I didn't find any, but I did get drawn in, anyway.

I did ok with polymer clay heads, bamboo skewer wing bones, and velour fabric. As you figured, it was time consuming.
I love your perch, and I'm sure it will look great when you're done.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your bats sound cool! :)

I don't think that my idea for the battery op bats is going to work. They are too heavy to hang right. I don't want to give up any of the bats that I already have, so i will have to go buy a new DT bat to fold and glue. I'll post it when it's done!

Tomorrow is my big decorating day. I haven't touched the yard or porch in weeks! I just haven't had time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts