Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to project an old B&W Halloween movie on our garage door (exterior) while the kids are trick or treating this year.
Has anyone done this or know of anyone who has? Not sure if it would be affordable or not.
:D

·
Registered
310 Posts
The only expense is the projector, but you can find usable ones on Ebay or Craigslist. Look for 1500 lumens or better and try to find one with HDMI (older projectors won't have it and might be hard to hook up to a modern pc or blu-ray). I plug a chromecast into my projector to stream to, so my laptop can stay safely inside.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I did this for years. I hung a sheet over the opening with the door up and project the movie from the back (inside the garage. It protects the projector form the weather and from being knocked over by little ones. Over the years I built a surround for the opening to create more atmosphere.

Kids love it. I played Nightmare Before Christmas and it was a huge hit. Some kids would just walk up the drive and stand there. It was funny to watch the parents try to convince the kids to leave so they could trick or treat elsewhere. I always told them to stay as long as they want. I get to many TOTs now to do it anymore. I may revamp and project it from a different area of the yard in the future.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have, yes. I projected Army of Darkness on our garage door, with a white sheet stretched across. I placed the projector on the ground, and put a few workbench stands over it to protect it.

The way our garage is situated, separated from the house at the end of a long driveway, it made for a great effect for those coming to the party walking up the driveway and still adjacent to the backdoor area for viewing. It was purely for ambiance and I think it worked well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts