Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post here before I put it to the curb. Dryer had other issues not worth fixing, motor works fine as far as I know...only been a few days since it was running last. I have tools for opening up the cabinet so you don't have to take the whole dryer. Local haunter welcome to that and anything they can use off it, before I put it to curb for the scrappers. If you need other haunt stuff, ask when you're here, I might have more free stuff for you.

I'm in Midland near Canyon Rd exit off 512. If you reply to this thread I'll know someone is interested, and we can PM from there.

Also, if you're looking for tombstone or haunt panel foam, check your local craigslist, as I saw somebody had a huge amount of rigid styro insulation listed in the free stuff section two or three days ago. Meant to post here but just forgot when I was on the computer last time.

Cheryl

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! (and blahblahblah, cuz it says I can't post a message shorter than 10 characters, lol)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Rogue - if the foam you're referring to is the one from the guy with the pool I don't think it'll work. It's rolled.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rogue - if the foam you're referring to is the one from the guy with the pool I don't think it'll work. It's rolled.
This is the one I meant.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/zip/4602616177.html

Didn't really read the description the first time through...it says something there about fiberglass and a steel skin, so not sure if they can be carved....might be worth a call, though, to see if it's something you can use. Just looking at the picture, it looks like there might be one side that's carvable, though the picture quality is not the best.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Huh. I'm not entirely sure if that's carve able or could be melted a little to be made into walls. I'm not familiar enough with foam:(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Huh. I'm not entirely sure if that's carve able or could be melted a little to be made into walls. I'm not familiar enough with foam:(
Yeah, sorry...just glanced at it the first time, looked like regular styro panels, and I was looking for something else at the time. If you could get it down to just the styro without a big hassle, it would make a lot of panels or glue them together to cut out fence pillars or whatever, just not sure how thick that skin is, if it's on just one side, or what. I just figured that's a lot of foam panels, would be worth renting or borrowing a flatbed or trailer if you could use them. If you do need bigger foam pieces, you might try local marinas or shipyards...sometimes they have old floating dock foam which makes great pillars or whatever. Also whenever you're at the HD, check the foam or ask because sometimes the foam insulation boards get broken, and used to be they would sell them super cheap since they can't leave them on the shelf like that...it might only be one or two boards but that would make a couple of tombstones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts