Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a gargoyle from Target in 2012 and ever since I've had it on the wall abutting the front garden of my house. I had painted it with United Nuclear europium based phosphorescent pain. Every Halloween, I'd put up 5-way splitter sockets with UV bulbs in them in the outside light fixtures, which caused the europium to glow brilliantly.

Halloween 2015 was very fun, but, this year, someone stole the gargoyle :( :mad:

I finally tracked the only images of the gargoyle that I could find to threads on this site, specifically, in the "Target gargoyle toppers" thread. I can't post the links yet so I've attached the image from the thread with credit going to Richbeast for the photo.

Does anyone know the artist, maker and manufacturer of this specific gargoyle? If not, does anyone have any suggestions for a replacement -- I really liked my "nice" gargoyle ; I don't really like the "evil" ones ;)

Thanks,

jdb2

Attachments

·
Registered
14,206 Posts
Ah that stinks someone stole it. Makes me mad reading things like this that people feel entitled to rob people of their holiday decor.

I have a few gargoyles I've bought from Target over the years but I'm not familiar with the one in the photo or what size or price range he was in but I've always liked a number of Design Toscano's statutes and have bought a few items from them. They just had a gargoyle sale which you've missed but it pays to watch their site (and sign up for emails) if you see something you like there. Of the friendly variety of gargoyles my favorite of theirs is probably Emmett: https://www.designtoscano.com/product/emmett+the+gargoyle+sculpture+-+cl0883.do . BTW DT also sells on ebay so before I buy I usually check both places for something and sometimes you catch a break on price or shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah that stinks someone stole it. Makes me mad reading things like this that people feel entitled to rob people of their holiday decor.
Thank you for you kind reply! :) Yeah, I had that thing outside for 3+ years but recently there have been people stealing garden and lawn ornaments and several of our neighbors had their own gargoyles stolen which they found smashed on the street.

I have a few gargoyles I've bought from Target over the years but I'm not familiar with the one in the photo or what size or price range he was in but I've always liked a number of Design Toscano's statutes and have bought a few items from them.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting the exact gargoyle but thanks for the heads up on where to find good ones! :D

They just had a gargoyle sale which you've missed but it pays to watch their site (and sign up for emails) if you see something you like there. Of the friendly variety of gargoyles my favorite of theirs is probably Emmett: [link] . BTW DT also sells on ebay so before I buy I usually check both places for something and sometimes you catch a break on price or shipping.
Thank you! :D I'll look at the site and hopefully I can find something which I like...

jdb2

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize if this turns out to be a dup but my last post never showed up...

Thank you for you kind reply! :) Yeah, I had that thing outside for 3+ years but recently there have been people stealing garden and lawn ornaments and several of our neighbors had their own gargoyles stolen which they found smashed on the street.

I have a few gargoyles I've bought from Target over the years but I'm not familiar with the one in the photo or what size or price range he was in but I've always liked a number of Design Toscano's statutes and have bought a few items from them.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting the exact gargoyle but thanks for the heads up on where to find good ones! :D

They just had a gargoyle sale which you've missed but it pays to watch their site (and sign up for emails) if you see something you like there. Of the friendly variety of gargoyles my favorite of theirs is probably Emmett: [link] . BTW DT also sells on ebay so before I buy I usually check both places for something and sometimes you catch a break on price or shipping.
Thank you! :D I'll look at the site and hopefully I can find something which I like...

jdb2

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have these gargoyles. Is there anything on them you want me to look for? Other than a likely made in china?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have these gargoyles. Is there anything on them you want me to look for? Other than a likely made in china?

Thanks so much for the info! :D I would think there'd be some type of symbol or mark on the bottom of the gargoyle, or perhaps some alphanumeric string. But, I don't have high hopes of seeing anything other than "made in china" :(

Regards,

jdb2

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks so much for the info! :D I would think there'd be some type of symbol or mark on the bottom of the gargoyle, or perhaps some alphanumeric string. But, I don't have high hopes of seeing anything other than "made in china" :(

Regards,

jdb2
The target id is still readable. Surprisingly as they have been outdoors quite a bit. Explains the piece of leaf stuck to it but seems to be covering just the zip. If i zoom I do see a smudgy black number way off to the side. Not sure if it is legible or not but i will go back out and check both again if that number is what you are looking for. Sorry you have to stand on your head to see it. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so much! :D

It looks like a UPC code. No worries about it being upside down as I quickly fixed that with the GImp :)

Just to make sure, is the number 4 92401 18070 0 as it was kind of hard to make out in the image.

Regards,

jdb2

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks so much! :D

It looks like a UPC code. No worries about it being upside down as I quickly fixed that with the GImp :)

Just to make sure, is the number 4 92401 18070 0 as it was kind of hard to make out in the image.

Regards,

jdb2
Yes. That's the UPC number. Anything else you can't make out let me know. Took the picture leaning over in kind of dark storage area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. That's the UPC number. Anything else you can't make out let me know. Took the picture leaning over in kind of dark storage area.
Thanks for the pic :). Unfortunately, I couldn't find the UPC code anywhere, if that's what it actually is. There are what look to be two numeric or alphanumeric strings to the middle right of the UPC, but, the pic is too low res to make them out. If you could take a zoomed pic of those I'd be grateful. :)

Thanks,

jdb2

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Cold and rainy so it's easier to just write them for you than traipse out to get a better pic.
240 11 8070 ID 142143

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cold and rainy so it's easier to just write them for you than traipse out to get a better pic.
240 11 8070 ID 142143
Thanks so much for the codes! :D

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find anything relevant on the web when searching for any of the codes associated with gargoyles. But, the good news is that I'm probably going to buy DT "Silas" gargoyle as a replacement.

Regards,

jdb2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts