Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running way behind on my Cauldron Creep and don't think i have enought time to build the cauldron... anyone know where i can find one that would look good with a 5 ft tall creep?

I tried Amazon, but the deminsions don't seem right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish i could walk into a Spirit or Halloween City.... closest one in almost 50 miles away... Do you know the diameter if that one? it looks like the size i need.
The sites for the two stores don't have a large on availiable that i can find.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I took a photo of Halloween City's caudrons last year when they were on sale a few or so weeks before halloween. Here's what the signage said (before 25% off sale and on sale):

8 inch was 2.99 now 2.24
12 inch was 6.99 now 5.24
16 inch was 12.99 now 9.74
20 inch was 19.99? now 14.99
22 inch was 19.99 now 14.99

Halloween City has left my area. I believe Party City gets in the same mdse generally. The larger cauldrons go fast.

i have a few cauldrons and by far my favorite size is the 22-inch one.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I suspect you will need to find a halloween store where you can go and pick them up. I doubt they would ship and probably why they don't list that size online. The oversize box simply wouldn't be feasible would be my guess.

if you can't find the larger plastic cauldron, try searching out the pop up fabric ones in a large size. I've seen those in Spirit, not sure what size, but they look pretty decent and would collapse for storage. You might have to work things out differently in them being fabric and not plastic.

If your scene is with a witch, maybe just a large "cast iron" cooking kettle that has a semi-circular wire handle could work (think camp fire kettle). Put together some tall branch limbs in the shape of a tee-pee and figure out how to mount the kettle to that. Or just a kettle over some hot coals.

if you need some other ideas let us know and sorry I don't know anyone else other than HC or PC that carries one that large.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice... lookslike i will be making one this year... like i don't have enough to finish already LOL... Think i'll use the tote/cardboard rib, paper mache version

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is why people come to my house for halloween, there isn't much of a place to get unique items, like Spirit or HC, so i build alot, use projectors etc. We must have had nearly 1,000 toter last year, the year before about 500... so its becoming a big stop for the town on Halloween night, which forces my creatitive to have to increase ever year to keep them in the "WOW"

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Maybe you could turn one of those plastic party beer tubs into a cauldron. Party City online has some colorful ones on sale right now and they're about the same size as the 22-inch cauldron. Maybe some plastic spray paint in black could work wonders? Free shipping now, code PCXWFS3 (promo and details at top of their website now).

F

·
0 Posts
Target Online has had pretty big cauldrons in the past. They haven't put a ton of stuff online yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts