Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of my favorite things to figure out for my Halloween party and I love looking at pictures of other people's food! This year, I'm making a handful of dishes but it will also be pot luck style. So far I have planned: Oh, and I need some creative names too!

Bacon wrapped weenies...So good and a HUGE hit! just wrap them up and then cover with brown sugar and bake---Need Name

crock pot meat balls: Boo Balls. And then I set out cheese next to them

Bacon wrapped water chestnuts..this also is liked by everyone!

Crock pot weenies of course! Dead Man Toes

Beenie weenies...comfort food that's cheap, easy and good! Need Name

Chips and dip! I just realized I'm gonna be cooking alot of weenies.... So does anyone else have their menu planned?!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow, that is a TON of weenies and bacon, Willodean, yum! I'm still not sure if I'm going to be having my party this year or not, but typically I'll do a big pot of chili with all the fixings, hand made soft pretzels and cheese dip, spinach artichoke dip and toasted bagel bites, deviled eggs, mustard dip, something we call redneck salsa and last year I did some veggie and turkey tortilla roll ups with herbed cream cheese. I think if I do decide to host my part this year, I may try some new things but know that I must have the spinach artichoke dip or there may be a revolt.

·
Registered
672 Posts
We'll probably go with a crock pot of sliced beef keilbasa sausage in BBQ sauce, some pulled pork, chips/salsa, a large cheeseball, a veggie plate, tortilla roll-ups, pumpkin dip with gingerbread and apples for dipping, something chocolate, those yummy cream puffs and a few pitchers of mixed drinks, and seasonal beers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So far this is what our menu looks like this year:
-Little Smokies wrapped in bacon/brown sugar
-Italian Bisquick Meatballs with Marinara
-Crostini with Goat Cheese, Sage and Fried Apples
-Mini Chicken and Waffles
-Pita Chips, Olives, Pickles & Hummus Tray
-Veggie Tray
-Individual Dirt Cakes (with edible tombstones)

We are also having a shot bar this year (in test tubes). 3 different shots will be featured: The Ghostbuster (peach schnapps & Midori) , Jack the Ripper (Pimm's & Cherry Brandy) & the Headless Horseman (Blavod Vodka floating on top of orange juice)

My sister-n-law is toying with the idea of bringing a Zombie punch as well - but nothing has been finalized yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I always overdo it on the food, so I am trying to adjust this year. Our party starts at 7:00, so most people have already had dinner. I am planning a honey baked ham with party rye laid out in a basket and a few mustards so people can put a little sammie together easily and no last minute cooking for me. I may stab some bloody knives or an axe into the ham for effect. :)
A terrine layered with cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and pesto that can be made up to 2 days ahead, with crackers.
Veggies and dip, all orange and white (carrots, orange pepper, peeled zucchini and peeled cucumber, endive leaves). I will serve the dip inside an orange pepper.
Cubed cheddar cheese with fun Halloween picks for the kids. (Not very original but, the kids always eat these up.)
Chocolate cupcakes with white buttercream frosting, decorated with a Jack Skellington face.
Pumpkin cakes shaped as mini pumpkins from a mold, and I use the cream cheese frosting to draw little faces on them.
Zombie shaped cookies with a great cookie cutter I found last year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We'll probably go with a crock pot of sliced beef keilbasa sausage in BBQ sauce, some pulled pork, chips/salsa, a large cheeseball, a veggie plate, tortilla roll-ups, pumpkin dip with gingerbread and apples for dipping, something chocolate, those yummy cream puffs and a few pitchers of mixed drinks, and seasonal beers.
Jules, how do you make your pumpkin dip? That's sounds really good. Do you make your own gingerbread? I wonder if you could bake a thin layer of the gingerbread and use the zombie cookie cutter to cut out shapes for dipping...

·
Registered
423 Posts
We have done chili and it was a hit for our main dish. This year I am thinking a goulash with mini toasts for the main. The always mummy dogs with lil smokies, ur famous Halloween cookies, a chicken pepper dip with crackers, fruit and veg tray and candy of course. Drinks too but this year I am making some cocktails up before hand I think. And the skittles drink-yum!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm going to have a sandwich tray, chicken wings, tortilla chips with guacamole and black bean dip, pasta salad, orzo salad and spiced nuts. Desserts will be mini cup cakes, severed finger cookies and petit fours. I also spread out bowls of mixed candy.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My meat favorites part about prepping for my Halloween parties is how many hours I slave away in the kitchen cooking the good. And I always have way too many leftovers, so I'm keeping it super simple. Various chips and dips (probably a pumpkin puking guacamole or spinach dip), pumpkin seeds, apple slices with caramel (I set out whole apples with a slicer so people slice their own), and maybe Halloween decorated cupcakes.I'm really going to try to focus on decorations and my own darn costume this year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts