Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to this forum, a few years ago I was alerted to a website set up by Bob Burns that showcased his family's home halloween haunts over the years. I watched it then, LOVED it, and after what was a brief time up online the site and videos were taken down with hopes of selling it to some network or possibly distributing it by DVD I believe. Has anyone heard of any news on this? I would love to buy a DVD of this if it is ever available.

This is a review published around last halloween, and it says a DVD is not yet available for purchase. If you weren't lucky enough to watch it online when it was up, the review recounts much of what was part of the videos.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/bob-burns-hollywood-halloween-dvd

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
There are copyright issues that prevent it from being released.

And yes, it is a "fang-tastic" accounting of Bob and Kathy's haunts over the years.

May I recommend as a substitute "Beast Wishes", a documentary about Bob and Kathy, produced by their close friend Frank Deitz.

Also, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Bob has been having and Kathy continues to have health issues.

·
Registered
14,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, I guess copyright issues explains a lot. Too bad others wouldn't give a release, or suppose it could be monetary issues as well when asking for one, to permit what I saw from being distributed. I thought it was a wonderful documentary and certainly for anyone too young to have seen some of the movies he worked on, it would have created interest in those old films and probably generated sales for the production companies.

I sent an email to Bob the other day thru the website. Thought to start off by saying I hope he was well, not knowing there might be issues on that end. I'll post back if I hear from someone.

Have to say I would have loved to have lived in he and Kathy's neighborhood, even with all the halloween traffic generated.

Thanks for the recommended "Beast Wishes". Will have to check that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts