Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want all new gutters, just over 100 feet plus downspouts. I been quoted just under 2k for it, its a two story house if that matter? Metal gutters with a coating, 20yr warranty not to rust. This seem like a good price?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
We lost our gutters in the 2010 blizzards but insurance paid for it since it was the blizzards fault & not just age. We also have a small rancher so we don't have a lot of gutter to worry about so I can't even compare. We have a detached garage with maybe 50 extra feet of gutters on each side. We had them do too but we paid for that & since it wasn't damaged by the storms & since it was all done 4 years ago I have no clue what it cost.

I'd guess that since your house is 2 stories that may add to cost.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I would call around and get several estimates. When we were looking for our three story house, the estimates went from $3,000 to 34,000, for the same job. So check around. In our case, I think some companies didn't want to work on a three story house, so they bid really high. Either that, or the were going to make our gutters out of gold.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After searching around it seems $1,600 is the average price, I'm guessing its more since most of it is on the second story?

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I want all new gutters, just over 100 feet plus downspouts. I been quoted just under 2k for it, its a two story house if that matter? Metal gutters with a coating, 20yr warranty not to rust. This seem like a good price?
Are they seamless or regular ones? That would also make a big difference too I would think.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
That's the only way to go.

Here's one problem we had with our guy, he left a lot of debris around, nails, pieces of metal, etc. It's not like they could get a magnet & pick it all since it was aluminum, but still, I'm not sure they were paying attention to the little bits of stuff like that. Thankfully, the area where stuff was dropped was close to the house & on stones so we could see the stuff pretty easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts