Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an e mail (8/31) form them saying the group buy for 4th quality Buckys shipping in mid sept. has been moved back to shipping in mid October.

Is it me or am I the only one that thinks this is a problem.
The e mail was full of reasons/ excusses. Pharsed in a way, as if to say: "you understand" Talking about manfacuring timetable? WTF? I still dont understand what manufacuting timetables has to do with 4 th quality products?
But the bottom line is this is a time sensitive transaction. And vague shipping dates in October for halloween props is no longer acceptable.
I have not recived a response from them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I emailed him about 2 weeks ago about getting one and he said they were shipping the beginning of October & he had 21 for sale. I asked him to send me all the info for payment & I would forward payment as soon as the info was received and I have not heard a peep since???

·
Registered
311 Posts
I paid for 2 of them. Communication has been a bit spotty, and he told me they would be shipped mid Oct. I'll admit I'm a bit anxious about the whole deal...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I got in on this... at $70 a pop for each one, I'm not complaining - would I like it to be sooner? Of course, but, in this situation I can't really complain... I don't see how Mr Skeleton would benefit from purposely holding back the shipping lol... whatever the reason I'm sure it's legit.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I got in on this... at $70 a pop for each one, I'm not complaining - would I like it to be sooner? Of course, but, in this situation I can't really complain... I don't see how Mr Skeleton would benefit from purposely holding back the shipping lol... whatever the reason I'm sure it's legit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree. I thought waiting until Sept was bad. How am I supposed to build them into a prop if they come the week of Halloween?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got an update.
now shipping the last week in October.
Dont know about anyone else, but this is a deal breaker.

They say part of the delay is additional units being sold as the deal was extended.
well now that the shipping date has moved dramatically this dosent even resemble the sept shpping group buy I signed up for.

Needless to say I asked for a refund.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Just got an update.
now shipping the last week in October.
Dont know about anyone else, but this is a deal breaker.

They say part of the delay is additional units being sold as the deal was extended.
well now that the shipping date has moved dramatically this dosent even resemble the sept shpping group buy I signed up for.

Needless to say I asked for a refund.
I dont blame you. This is time sensitive material!

·
Registered
8 Posts
this is the thing i hate. i talked to him about buying some stuff. he would sale to me in qty i had to purchase a min amount and i get on ebay and looking at bucky's i contacted the people suppose to be 2 women and he contacted me about them so the ebay deal is him competeing against his own customers

he also says things then dont remember i had to send him copies of our conversation i will not deal with this guy he needs to learn how to run a business

ebay user bones to go how is he shipping these on ebay if he dont have any

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
that pisses me off. A deal is a deal and it sounds like he was shady about the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unrested soul
WHAT!
He is selling on e bay?
I searched for a seller named bones . nothing showed up.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I get the frustration of shipping times in this particular deal, but are you guys really not going to order these at that price just because they wont get here in time? What are you going to do instead - pay more, have them shipped a few weeks earlier just to have them for this Halloween? I think these will still be here before the big day.

Seems like the options are to move ahead with the deal you got - cheap bucky's, but receiving them right before Halloween; cancel your deal b/c you are upset with the shipping which means finding another deal and still possibly getting them shipped late this year; or just cancel the deal all together out of spite, then HOPEFULLY looking for this deal again next year?

I dunno... like I said, I ordered 3 of these guys at $70, and I just don't see that price going down in the next few years, so even if they were to arrive AFTER Halloween - I've got 3 cheap skeletons for next year ... I guess these guys won't make or break my haunt.

EDIT: And maybe I'm off-base when I say how cheap they are -- are there other resources that sell these at that price or lower?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already have 2.
Lets face it. times are tuff and funds are tight.
They are cheaper by what? $30.
I can use the money for other props that I CAN use this year. Rather than save $30 on next year.

·
Banned
535 Posts
I have a funny feeling that he can only get them to you guys at 70 IF he can fill enough orders for a bulk discount....and i dont think hes getting the orders that he thought he would so hes waiting until the last minute. Now it might just be me but 1-2 weeks before 31st gives zero time to get things the way you like them. Plain and simple....You guys didnt pay already did you?

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
Unrested soul
WHAT!
He is selling on e bay?
I searched for a seller named bones . nothing showed up.
He sells under bonestogo if it's the same one everyone is talking about.

I bought two sets of hands and I had to manually pay through Paypal as the shipping wasn't showing up right on Ebay and I couldn't get them to send me a corrected invoice. Shipping was a bit overpriced for how it was sent.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we are not even talking about 1-2 week before Halloween. casue now he says they are shipping the last week in October.
Yeah I paid already.
And I havent heard back from him since asking for my money back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He sells under bonestogo if it's the same one everyone is talking about.

I bought two sets of hands and I had to manually pay through Paypal as the shipping wasn't showing up right on Ebay and I couldn't get them to send me a corrected invoice. Shipping was a bit overpriced for how it was sent.
soryy about the delay
if you cant ship anyone anything why sale them on ebay if you aint trying to scam someone here is everything listed
eBay Seller: bonestogo: Collectibles items on eBay.com

1 - 20 of 57 Posts