Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about setting up a make and take or some other type of gathering in my area of the country and was wondering if anyone here has hosted a similar type gathering. I have seen make and takes where people get together and make props that they then bring home. Does anyone have any advice or tips on planning and hosting such an event?

If you are in the Pacific Northwest area(Washington, Oregon, Idaho, B.C.) I have started a thread to see if there would even be any interest in a make and take possibly in the Seattle area. If you are interested I posted the link to the thread below.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/haunts-gatherings-conventions/76680-northwest-haunters-make-take.html

·
Registered
776 Posts
There are many ways one can set up a M&T. The preference would be up to you.
We at the NJ M&T have communal flavor to ours. Every one does something or brings a particular talent to the table. Once a prop is decided on then each individual decides how they can help or what they can contribute and what needs to be purchased on their own for themselves. It should also be said that not everyone works on the same prop when new folks come on board we go back over some thing to bring them up to speed and say if we work on a wiper motor prop one might be a kicker while another is TCT. I have not built anything since December but have been helping others to build their props. This extends to everything except drink we all bring our own drink. Diner is usually pot luck or at times we go out and have been known to order pizza.
I don't personally host the event but always do my best to contribute even if its only firewood.
Bottom line its up to you get some folks together and decide what works best for everyone.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
YardHauntJunkie,

I'm pretty close to you (i'm in Mill Creek), so I would definitely be interested in a Make&Take. I've never heard of "Frightfest Northwest" so I don't know if it's any good -- also I don't know if they're hosting one this year since the website still has last year's information.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
FYI, things I'm hoping to build in time for Halloween this year are a cemetery fence with short pillars, a mausoleum facade, more styro tombstones, a big scarecrow with a paper mache head (reading everything Stolloween has to teach me).

I also want to build some wiper motor scenes with my skeletons and I really need to learn about wiper motors, power supplies, armatures, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts