Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the internet, look for any good Halloween deals, and found these little guys on Terry's Village. I'm considering ordering a few and was wondering if anyone else owns any of these little guys and if they are of a good quality?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooo neat! I like how they hold tealights and aren't electric. Very neat.

Sorry. I've never seen anything like them. What are they made of?
They are made of terra cotta, so I would imagine that they would withstand the elements =) I think I'm just going to give them a shot =):D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Those ARE cute! I love browsing the Terry's Village/OTC catalogs, BUT...I will caution you that I ordered almost $100 worth of Halloween merchandise from TV last year, and unfortunately ended up returning it all due to the poor/questionable quality (in relation to the cost) of the items. I was so disappointed. I really loved that $5/roll Jack-o-lantern toilet paper...ha! But the rolls ended up being about 1/4 th the size of a regular roll, so I even sent THAT back! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those ARE cute! I love browsing the Terry's Village/OTC catalogs, BUT...I will caution you that I ordered almost $100 worth of Halloween merchandise from TV last year, and unfortunately ended up returning it all due to the poor/questionable quality (in relation to the cost) of the items. I was so disappointed. I really loved that $5/roll Jack-o-lantern toilet paper...ha! But the rolls ended up being about 1/4 th the size of a regular roll, so I even sent THAT back! Maybe you'll have better luck than I did!
Thanks for the heads up, HallowedEve! That's exactly why I decided to post before I purchased them.

I guess the worst that can happen, is that I'll be disappointed and send them back. I need to read their return policies.

PS - I would have ordered the JOL toilet paper too! LOL!:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terra cotta shouldn't be a problem. I hope they turn out as cool as they look! You'll have to tell us and post a pic when you get them.
I'll most certainly do that =)

·
Registered
240 Posts
They are FAB! I wish we could get similar over here. The trans- Atlantic postage is just too prohibitive.

Let me know if they are good if you do order them!

BW
:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
You're most certainly welcome, Goddess! :) I didn't have any trouble returning the items -- If I remember correctly, I simply repacked everything in the same box and paid return shipping (which I don't remember being much at all... The small loss was worth getting the bulk of my $$$ returned.)

Definitely let us know if you're pleased with your lanterns if you decide to order them! :)

·
Evil Lord of Legumes
890 Posts
It does seem like I have seen these somewhere. Does anyone know if they carried these at Michael's or Hobby Lobby???
Yes, I've seen them (or at least something similar) at Michael's before. Or maybe it was Target..... Anyway, we have a similar set that are black and made of metal that we have used in our front yard with our tombstones. It looks especially cool to see the little faces shining through the fog.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Since they are terra cotta I would think that the stem that holds it onto the metal hook would break easily if they got bumped into.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Yes, I've seen them (or at least something similar) at Michael's before. Or maybe it was Target..... Anyway, we have a similar set that are black and made of metal that we have used in our front yard with our tombstones. It looks especially cool to see the little faces shining through the fog.

I have those exact ones. I have them in both orange and black. I got them on clearance at Joanns probably 4 or 5 years ago. They are very cool, and as long as the wind doesn't blow out the candles, hold up very well in the weather. We use them to line the walkway to the front door, although this year they will likely find a new place in the haunt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered those and just received them. They are adorable. The stakes are very sturdy. The terra cotta pumpkins are pretty fragile.....but definetely worth the money!

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I agree with Dawn408, if they get bumped they might get broken. I would take some black thread and tie the pots to the hanger so they can't get knocked off...or some idea like that. I love them by the way!

This gives me an idea. I got hold of a bunch of plastic cauldrons that were part of a vodka promo a couple of years ago. They are round cauldrons and about as big as a tea cup. They have the vodka logo on them..but I figured I could remove or cover that...but I still didn't know what to do with them.

They don't have handles sadly, but I might be able to mount them on stakes (dowels) and put the battery tea lights in them....Hummmmm...???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts