Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 20-25 tombstones(for my graveyard in front of my house) that I put in the garage for storage, I just took them out this morning and I noticed all of my tombstones have been chewed through by mices!

There are styrofoams everywhere.. now I have no choice but to go purchase new ones! What a pain

Has this happen to any of you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Never had a problem with the styrofoam, but I have a huge issue with them getting into the coffins I have. One of the coffins was an old traveller that had some sort of batting in it, and last year it was strung about in my barn. The year before they got into the newer style casket I have and ripped the whole insides apart. I hate them mieces to pieces!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I haven't had a problem with anything in my storage buildings but the storage trailers are a different story....Anything that goes in them for storage goes into a sealed 55 gallon drum or those big plastic bins you buy at Wal Mart....That seems to keep them out....and Yes....They chewed up half of my home made ones one year....AUUGHRRR!....ZR

·
Registered
212 Posts
i had mice droppings in my coffin but i store most of my cloth props in big rubbermaid containers. Maybe you should make a large wooden footlocker to store your tombstones in?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Rats got my pumpkin lights one year when I had them in a bag :|

Now we only put them in boxes

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea i NEVER have problems with mice at all until this year. my shed is pretty old now, and i guess it has some holes in the sides where mice are getting into. My big life size Gemmy scarecrows head housed a family of them when i went into the shed today. I shooed them away, and they ran out of the shed, but now his head smells like pee. Some febreeze and time in the garage will be ok.

my one pirate chest had a bunch of nesting areas in it.

tomorrow im cleaning the shed out and moving all my props into the garage to fumigate/clean them up.
nothing was destroyed, they just has a smell to them now, lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
Holy Giant Photo Batman.

Anywho... I had a possum get in my garage a few weeks back and the bugger made a mess. For some reason he chewed the face off my big plastic pumpkin.

I was very upset but decided to make the best of it and he went though a makeover. So he went from cute to...

And the possum is no more.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Last year I had the *brilliant* idea of using painted gumballs as eyeballs in some of my skulls. They were the perfect size and looked great! This year while digging out some of my props I noticed a few had missing eyes THEN I noticed mice turds in the eye sockets! I was p*ssed... until my son asked if mice could blow bubbles!! That was it, I lost it and laughed so hard I snorted. LMAO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last year squirls made a mess of my tombstones. I keep most of my props in an old treehouse so i didn't think anything would get at them... i was seriously wrong. im hopeing i fixed it up enough this year that im not going to have any issues.

·
Registered
148 Posts
when y'all store your goodies try using cedar shavings the kind you might find in the pet section in walmart you can get a big bale of it at a time just tuck some into old socks or pantyhose stashing in all your containers...also try moth balls & lavender. i've used these methods before and they tend to keep out spiders, bugs, mice & most critters good luck with your packing!:)

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
No mice issues, but I have had trouble with racoons vs. styrofoam. There's not a lot I can do, but I did put a little amonia around my yard. I'm hoping that will discourage their curiosity.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts