Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen Terra's photos and greatly appreciate them. I was wondering if anyone else took photos of them at the recent tradeshow?

One thing that confuses me a bit is Terra's photos look a little different than the ones on the Bucky Boneyard site. I don't know if it's the angle and or lighting(although I'm only interested in form).

I know the Barneys for example have wider eyes. Why they remind me of a plaster pour skull I once purchased. To be precise according to the Skeleton Store they are 1 1/4 wide. They look like sunglasses in some ways. The Barney is 5' tall.

The Easy on the Pocket Paul is 4' tall. On the Skeleton Store site he looks like mummy on the Three Stooges episode "WE Want Our Mummy". In Terra's photos he doesn't seem to come across that way. In other words the head is not as round or so it would seem. Also his head on the store's site looks smaller than the pics at the trade show.

The 3 foot guy I think is pretty accurate. He has all the makings of Mr. Thrifty.

The reason I'm asking all this is I'm still trying to decide whether to order any or not. They wont be available till August which in some ways can be a terrible month in my area for corpsifying due to rain. I love corpsifying in the middle of summer. They cure quickly. Also looks count. Looks are extremely important to me and to those who purchase my creations. Although anything can be altered the less altering the better for me. In my experience certain shapes are immediately pleasing to the eye where as some are background scenery that goes unnoticed. It all sounds very vain but it's human nature.

One thing I never understood about Anatomical and their affiliates is the lack of photography. If I was trying to sell a $1500 skeleton I'd make sure all the angles were covered. Same is true for a $100 skeleton. Pictures help people make uptheir mind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
What I gather from the pictures I've seen of the "new" skeletons is as follows:

If you saw the 2-foot tall-ish (maybe 3?) skeletons being sold last year at Big Lots and Wal Mart...hard plastic, joints that "sort-of" bend...lots of "extra" plastic from the molds still stuck on...non-articulated hands...THOSE are what these new ones look like to me. I bought a few for my haunt rules sign and I had to modify teh joints to get them to pose how I wanted. Grandin Road was selling the 5-foot ones as well...almost bought a few on major clearance after Halloween. Corpsed they'd probably be ok, and they would be lighter than a Bucky. But I'd probably buy a bunch of actual Bucky hands and/or feet to make these guys a little more real looking.

Just my thoughts.

-EEric

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Barney looks very much like the Realistic Lifesize Plastic Skeleton at Fright Catalog for twice the price!

Pluses: More realistic than a blucky, denser plastic material, screws at joints, lighter than a bucky, half the price of a bucky

Minuses: No articulated hands or feet, disproportionate skull, not the same visual impact of a bucky

Awhile back I sent an email to Linda at SkeletonStore asking her to provide some detailed pictures and specs for Barney and his friends on the website. Let's hope they update their site with this info.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Sorry, I didn't take any pictures.

The new family of skeletons are far better in proportion, detail, anatomy and quality than a Big Lots blucky. They aren't as sturdy, heavy, detailed, and articulated as a Bucky.

The proportions are not quite what they should be, (Barneys melon-head is the most obvious!) for the price though, I think they'll be a very decent deal.

I'm looking to see what light-weight skull might be a good replacement for Barneys.

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I think I'm probably going to avoid them for now. a number of factors come into play. The sale ends very soon. The economy isn't very good. Lastly there isn't quite enough detail to make an informative decision.

I like 1st and second quality bucky heads. If I were to order a new bucky I'd pick up a 1st quality head to replace the one it came with. Buckys are what? 5'6"? I bet the first quality head would look good on a Barney. To me it's not so much the size of the head(I love Mad Monster Party!) it the eye sockets. They look like sunglasses.

I decorated/corpsified one last year that looked like the barney skull

I'm still amazed it sold. I guess it was the hair!

I'm just getting cold feet when it comes to things without enough info. That'sa mark against the store not you.

·
Registered
591 Posts
yes I agree that when you come out with a new product and are selling it online you need to have pics and details like you were in the store holding and touching it.or cut up some bones to send to those that would like a sample.I for one would like to see what it's made out of.I know plastic but there are so many plastics within arms reach of me right know it just does mean much to me till I can see it or feel it.I'd love to buy a few and I'm not even sure of the price I hear here it's around 50 and on there site there around 75 so not even sure about the deal.If anyone connected to them reads this forum How about more info and better pics.the people on this forum are your main market.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
Folks, I just received an email from Linda, she's the SkeletonStore contact.
She and I will be trying to answer forum questions as soon and as best as we can. She isn't working this weekend, but we will be in contact early next week. After the TransWorld show, she deserves a break!!! She has been putting in a lot of work!

She did tell me that she sent a memo about getting some Bucky/Barney side by side pictures out.

Linda has really impressed me with the effort she is willing to put into making her customers happy. I really look forward to working with her on this.

___
Daddywoofdawg, you hit it on the head! Linda knows that we are the hardcore of her home-haunt customers. She also knows that we have questions and need more pictures, better descriptions, and comparisons to products we already know.

The price differences are because people are talking about the TransWorld show pre-order price, the site shows the wholesale price to registered retailers, and retail price to general viewers.

I will ask Linda for clarification on what the prices will are.
As I said though, she needs this weekend off. It will be the middle of next week until I can get this info out.

_____

If there are any questions about this new family line-up, feel free to PM me.
I will eliminate duplicate questions and consolidate them all before forwarding them to Linda. That way she can answer each question once, instead of each of us sending her the same list of questions. Hopefully this will be faster and get all of our questions answered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts