Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to expand my lab room this year.
Last year it was too lame. It didnt scare anyone.
I used the Doctor Shivers prop and had a pneumatic bloody body that I built which pops up using a motion detector. You can see my lab room at youtube at about 1:50 YouTube - Chestnut Hill Haunted House 08 Vid 2.
This year I will be dropping the Doctor Shivers. I think it is kinda of dumb. I will have a bloody curtain with a real person that pops out.
Behind the bloody sit up guy, I want to have two kicking body bags. I dont want to build it with air because I have another prop that I am building now that is air. I want to use wiper motors or something to make the body bags kick around violently. Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am going to expand my lab room this year.
Last year it was too lame. It didnt scare anyone.
I used the Doctor Shivers prop and had a pneumatic bloody body that I built which pops up using a motion detector. You can see my lab room at youtube at about 1:50 YouTube - Chestnut Hill Haunted House 08 Vid 2.
This year I will be dropping the Doctor Shivers. I think it is kinda of dumb. I will have a bloody curtain with a real person that pops out.
Behind the bloody sit up guy, I want to have two kicking body bags. I dont want to build it with air because I have another prop that I am building now that is air. I want to use wiper motors or something to make the body bags kick around violently. Any ideas?
What about using bumbleballs? Battery operated, just turn them on and throw them into your body bag and they'll bounce around in there all night. You might want to tether them to something (i.e. brick) to keep them at one end of the bag though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
great video. I have that skeleton in the cage too. Hes great. Anyway, how did you to the ouija board that moves? Love it.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kenswift
I got the idea for the ouija board from here. http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/70891-daves-haunted-ouija-board.html
I did mine a little different though. Instead of a box, I made a table from plywood and 2 x2's. I cut a hole in the top and built a platform underneath to hold the motor and magnets. The ouija board is printed from an image I found on the internet and covered with clear contact paper to protect it.
I am going to post videos of many of my old and new props soon.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is actually in the clubhouse of our neighborhood. I used to do it in my garage.
A few years ago, the neighborhood talked me into doing it as a function for everyone. We have a great time. We collect one dollar for entrance which goes to St. Judes Hospital. Last year we raised $1500 over two days. This year we are doing three days.

·
Ubzest
1,249 Posts
I thought it was in your house too, I wondered how can you live with out your furniture! I liked you daytime video, you can appreciate your had work better. the area where your zombie were is a great place for an actor to hide in plain sight!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Hey, I'm honored to be mentioned twice in this thread, but I thought this kind of set-up would work in a body bag. CylonFrogQueen built a spider victim using a shiatsu massager for the movement. Now I wouldn't call it a violent movement, but it would slowly move both the head and the feet of the bag.

http://www.floridahaunters.com/forum/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235359474

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
halloweenbarb
Yep
That is exactly what we did last year.
My best friend dressed up as a zombie and stood there like a statue.
When people walk past, he jumped at them.
It was SOOOOO much gun!
This year I have more cool props I am building BUT, the focus will be on simple things like that. People seem to remembers thing jumping at you more than the high tech props.
I am building the electric chair prop with a real person.
YouTube - Las Vegas 2008 HCP Show
I just bought the kit

·
Registered
8 Posts
That haunted house of yours is a hell of alot better than most set up by professional businessess. You just need alot darker lighting and more black and strobe lights.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
halloweenbarb
Yep
That is exactly what we did last year.
My best friend dressed up as a zombie and stood there like a statue.
When people walk past, he jumped at them.
It was SOOOOO much gun!
This year I have more cool props I am building BUT, the focus will be on simple things like that. People seem to remembers thing jumping at you more than the high tech props.
I am building the electric chair prop with a real person.
YouTube - Las Vegas 2008 HCP Show
I just bought the kit
I agree...The mix of good props and scare actors gets 'em every time!:D

I love that "bottomless well" effect in the video. Do you have a link or a how-to on that?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Baron
Here is a link for the bottomless pit.
Bottomless Pit
This year I am going to make a bottonless pit that is only about 6" tall but 4'x8' with a bridge over it. Visitors will have to walk across the bridge at the entrance.
Videos to come!

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Baron
Here is a link for the bottomless pit.
Bottomless Pit
This year I am going to make a bottonless pit that is only about 6" tall but 4'x8' with a bridge over it. Visitors will have to walk across the bridge at the entrance.
Videos to come!
Many Thanks, Hauntcrazy.
May be a bit too much for this year, but it's gone straight into the "must do" file for next Halloween!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts